help removing corner tail light housing

Notrewoh

anyone know the easiest way to remove the corner tail light without having to cut the plastic to get to all the screw nuts? don't want to have to take out the entire interior rear quarter panel either:what:
*93 hatchback

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know the easiest way to remove the corner tail light without having to cut the plastic to get to all the screw nuts? don't want to have to take out the entire interior rear quarter panel either:what:
*93 hatchback
Are you serious? You think they would engineer the tail lights so you would need to cut your interior to get them out, c'mon use your head!
You don't have to cut anything....get an 8mm wrench or socket with a swivel head. It's that simple.

Notrewoh

Are you serious? You think they would engineer the tail lights so you would need to cut your interior to get them out, c'mon use your head!
You don't have to cut anything....get an 8mm wrench or socket with a swivel head. It's that simple.
werd. thanky

Notrewoh

update:
I did purchase the 8mm swivel head wrench (which was crazy expensive btw lol) to get the job done. Had to remove a few interior trim bolts and pull the trim out of the way to get to all four bolts. The trim running along the spare tire well was rather difficult to pry up and those retainer clips will easily break if the hulk comes out. I found if I pried in slight increments I could reduce the chance of breaking or tearing the trim.

The Engineers do not keep in mind that all parts need to be easily accessible. The access hole, inside the trunk behind the light is meant for replacing bulbs and not meant as an access to the bolts holding the lamp housing.

So, having first hand experience now in replacing the rear corner tail light housing, the interior trim will have to be pulled away enough to allow the hand to slip between it and the frame to the bolts. prepare for knuckle blood.

thanks again for the suggestion on the swivel wrench :thumbs up