1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Help. Transmission Mount Hole on Chassis is stripped.

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by dth0ng69, May 9, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. dth0ng69

dth0ng69 New Member 5+ Year Member

Okay long story short, I just bought a EK hatch w a d16y7
    So I was wondering why my shifting was rough and felt like my motor was moving going from neutral to first.
    I bought all new polyurethane mounts, while having them installed i then noticed that one of my motor mount bolt hole is stripped. (it is one of the 3 bolts that holds the transmission mount to the chassis.
    that explains the rough shifting.

heres a picture

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    it looks like the bolt is in there at a certain angle because its tight in one side and not in the other.

I tried tightening it and thats as far as it would go.
    Is there any thing I can do about this?
    This really ruined my day discovering this.

any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dth0ng69

dth0ng69 New Member 5+ Year Member

Can i Do anything about this ?? is it over for my civic? Im soooo sadddd :(

3. RonJ

RonJ Banned

So the bolt will tighten, right? If so, try adding some washers to the bolt.