help troubleshoot

wellbuilt

Hello everyone I have a 95 civic lx sedan yeah not so great but anyways I just put a new dizzy with wires and plugs and now the car won't start right away I have to hold the key to the run position for a few second before it turns on now when I use the car for like thirty minutes or so it turns off but then I'm able to turn it back on what could it bebe

RonJ

Banned
After the engine starts, does it run well?

Have you checked the ignition timing with a timing gun?

All 4 spark plugs have bright white spark?

Any CEL codes?

wellbuilt

Well I don't know about the spark plugs but I was using it with the timing on 11 for a week but had that fixed to 16 degrees and the cel does come on sometimes but it doesn't stay on all the time

RonJ

Banned
Jump the service connector to pull the code(s). Click the codes link in my signature.

wellbuilt

It runs pretty good actually and I don't know if its misfiring do u know the wire order just to double check see if I didn't switch any around

RonJ

Banned
I think I have the plugs wrong how are they numbered on the engine
The engine would run poorly if the plug wires are in the wrong order. The cylinders are ordered 4-3-2-1 as you go from the distributor to the timing belt.

RonJ

Banned
Your engine must have been running very badly if the plug wires were installed in the wrong firing order. It's surprising that you didn't recognize it.

Fix the firing order, and then check whether the engine runs better.

wellbuilt

I know I should've caught that cuz it started acting dumb after I changed the dizzy will the motor be ok

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Duplicate threads deleted. Please keep 1 thread per subject. There is no need for 3 on the same one.

iSpeed

did you ever fix this issue of the delayed start? im having the same issue with mine and im thinking its something in the ignition, either a bad ground or bad contact/wire...

i would check the ground wire on top of the thermostat housing, clean it up good and flip the ground wire to get better contact and do the same with the starter plug...helped me a little, might work for you.