Help: Water leaking into my trunk

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Last time is rained, water got into my spare-tire compartment. I have a pool of rain water in my trunk. I have $ 400 subwoofers and a $250 amp sitting about 6 inches from the water. I need this out, or I'm screwed. How can I get rid of the leak?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take all that s**t outa your trunk, get a buddy, and hose pipe. you get in the trunk with a flashlight, let your buddy hose down the trunk of your car, and see where its comming from, then we will go from there

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
word, just pm me, let me know cause ill prolly lose track of this thread man, i do this s**t everyday in the body shop, ill help you get it fixed

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
same s**t happend in my 95 ex honestly i drilled some holes and dident leave anyhting in the truck that couldent get wet...but it wouldent work in your case casue of the subs

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nearly all Civics I know of have this problem.

Nearly of us have drilled three holes into the floorpan :P

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have the same problem man, guna try the hose thing that redline suggested

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seen this thread several times before...
anyway. hopefully yours isn't as expensive to fix as mine was, being that mine was in a bad rear-end accident that was fixed poorly & not known about by me when i bought it.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
what im trying to figure out is why only the spare tire compartment is wet. its got to be coming from underneath because the sub box and other stuff in my trunk aren't wet.

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member
I have the same problem. I have my amp, nd 2 12's. They both are very dry while an olympic size swimming pool forms just below it. my cars gutted out, nd i still cnt rlly track down where exactly its coming from.

zach5489

5+ Year Member
Dude i had the same problem. I found out where mine is coming from just check it out. On the drivers side under your taillight is a piece of body thats there the water gets into now if you take your rear bumper off there will be a plastic piece on the side w/ like a rubber flap in it thats most likely where your water is coming from into your car. Sorry if im hard to understand lol :cool: