Help with 2000 Honda Civic DX Check Engine Codes Please !!

BCarignan4892

Today i got in my 2000 Honda Civic DX Automatic and its raining fairly hard.

Usually it starts up right away but this time it needed one more turn, suddenly my check engine light came on, didnt really think anything of it because i thought it was just because of the rain.

I went to autozone to check the codes and they came up as...

P1753 (Automatic Transmission Lockup Solenoid A Malfunction)

and

P1381 (Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor A Intermittent Interuption )

When i was driving for awhile it was running fine till suddenly the "D4" icon on the dash started flashing, then my car wasnt driving properly, it would feel like its in neutral but itd be driving at like 3 mph, so id pull over and restart the car and it was fine. after trying to go home and restarting my car multiple times it kept happening ever second till i couldnt really drive so i parked at a gas station, i turned it on again and put it in reverse and the car pulled itself and slammed then i put it into D4, and it was driving at neutral.

Keep in mind its raining fairly hard, not sure if it has anything to do with it. but yeah.

Im very grateful to any help, please and thank you.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Replace the sensors that are faulty, scan for more codes, and repeat.

There shouldn't be a check engine light just because of the rain. That doesn't make any sense. If there is a code, there is something wrong, it doesn't have to do with the weather.

BCarignan4892

I figured cause it was raining the water could be getting into something maybe, i was wondering if anyone else ran into any problems like this and what they did to fix it. im hoping my tranny didnt fk up

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's what splash shields are for. It rains a LOT here and no one has problems just because of the rain. If you have water getting in somewhere you have more problems than what are listed.

Others are likely to tell you the same thing. If it is throwing codes for a cam position sensor malfunction and a trans lock up sensor malfunction, then replace those sensors.