help with auto trans

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright ive tryed and get help from diffrent places and nothing so maybe cc can help me i got a 97 accord auto and it all started when i was driving one day and it just started down shifting on its own? now its gotten to where i can start it up and drive for less then a mile and it will shift fine then it will get stuck in 2nd.. and wont shift out? i got a code for speed sensor turbine.. i put a diffrent speed sensor in it and still dose the same thing?

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Transmission Control Module might be bad?

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah thats what some told me but idk where its at.. its not next to the ecu.

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It should be underneath the carpet in the Passenger Side behind a Metal Plate. Remove the carpet by peeling it back and then remove the four nuts that hold the Metal Plate in place. Carefully remove and pull the plate back, you will see the TCM bolted to the back of it.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if thats the tcm where the ecu?.. god i hate accords everthing dumb on them

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if thats the tcm where the ecu?.. god i hate accords everthing dumb on them
In later model Accords (96+) the ECU and TCM are tied together into one, so the ECU controls everything. Here's a picture to help you identify the Location (click to enlarge):

Also, if its not this it might actually be the Transmission itself. I say this because the ECU rarely goes bad while the 96+ Accord Auto Transmissions are very well known to go bad. Try taking it to a Shop and have them take a look at it. It would be best to get the Transmission & Torque Converter Rebuilt w/ Warranty rather than swapping in a Used one that you dont know its condition (if this is indeed your case).

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
throught so.. i already replaced that.. i guess the trans is poop.. my buddy can rebuild trannys.. so ill ask him. thanks for all ur help

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No problem, hopefully your buddy can get that tranny fixed for you then.