Help with gauge needles

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just replaced my gauge cluster bulbs yesterday and found that the needles aren't as bright as I would want them to be. I know that I need to replace two bulbs on the cluster but I'm not sure which two they are. Also, which size bulb(s) do I need? I've read that two #24's will do, but it is also given that two #74's will do. Does anyone know what size bulb and where (preferablly a picture) the needle bulbs are located on the cluster?

Here is a thread I found but it's kinda vague:

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=128403

Thanks to anyone with info.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bump, just as a though, my dad had this happen in his 5.0 liter explorer the other day and he just bought the stuff they put on watches to glow at night, and painted his gauge needles with it using my moms nail polish brush, came out pretty good, like this :

http://www.glowforum.com/gallery/images\1323\glow-in-the-dark-watch-hands.jpg

(the first one, he bought that color)
Crafty. I just need to know what size bulb to replace. I'm not looking to color s**t. I like the way my needles are now, they just need a new light shining on them.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it should be the bulbs on top that shine down on the needles.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just replace them all with LED's from superbriteled.com and youll see EVERYTHING lol

a buddy did these in his lexus and holy flippin cow, i drove his car one night and had to pt them all the way on dim and they were almost still to bright.

plus all together i think he said it was only 26 bucks worth of bulbs after shipping, so i think its a fair investment.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it should be the bulbs on top that shine down on the needles.

Gotcha. Thanks.

just replace them all with LED's from superbriteled.com and youll see EVERYTHING lol

a buddy did these in his lexus and holy flippin cow, i drove his car one night and had to pt them all the way on dim and they were almost still to bright.

plus all together i think he said it was only 26 bucks worth of bulbs after shipping, so i think its a fair investment.
I would, but I need them done asap. i don't wanna risk the time it takes for the LEDs to ship

this^^^ do it the right way and you wont have problems
Done and done. Thanks man.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got it done. I used (2) Sylvania Long Life 2723 sized bulbs. Here's the before and after:

Before

After

Thanks to everyone who gave advice, and bumped.