Help with name of broken sensor

upnorthguy

5+ Year Member
I searched for my answer but came up empty.

[2001 Civic EX four door with 1.7, AT] One of the thermostat housing bolts broke (despite my torque wrench having already tightened one to 9 ft-lbs without a problem) so now I'm knee deep in removing the water passage so I can try to get the bolt stub out.

Unfortunately, as I removed one of the nuts near the EGR valve holding the water passage my combo wrench let loose and it sheared a plastic sensor just behind the EGR (a bit closer to the firewall than the EGR valve). I've tried searching the parts diagrams but I can't seem to locate it, so I cannot figure out a name.

I tried to attach a pic with the broken plug circled in white indicated by an arrow. Link to pic.

I suppose if I head the salvage yard for a replacement I don't need a name/part number...just my tools (they are a bit of drive though)....

Thanks in advance.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not familiar with your engine, so I cant identify it. Posting the picture should help someone else identify it for you.

Last edited:

upnorthguy

5+ Year Member
I'm not familiar with your engine, so I cant identify it. Posting the picture should help someone else identify it for you.
I did try to attach it to the post, but wasn't sure if it went through (the interface was not confidence inspiring) hence my link.
Thanks for doing that.

upnorthguy

5+ Year Member
Cross posted on another forum. Just saw there that it looks like it is the oil pressure sensor for the VTEC valve.