help with new wheels !!

hellashit

im new to the stance thing so i need help from the pros around here :lol:
whats is best tire size for a set of 15x8 0 offset,?
keep in mind my ride was dropped 2' and my fenders were already rolled
im kind of trying to debate between 205 50 15 or 195 45 15
anyone familar? thanks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a big difference between those two tire sizes. With that wheel size and offset, the 195/45 will be much easier to fit witha good bit of negative camber. TigBitties has some examples of fitting wheels with this combo.

hellashit

Another question: would u suggest 195 50 15 or 195 45 15? Will there b a difference ?
Thanks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Another question: would u suggest 195 50 15 or 195 45 15? Will there b a difference ?
Thanks
Learn what the numbers on the tire mean and that will solve a vast majority of your questions. Then learn wheel offset. You'll be set. Every tire you have mentioned could actually work in one way or another. You need to know the size you need for the look you want so you can figure out what you do or don't need to do in order to fit them to your liking.

hellashit

Thanks bro !

Child I'm looking for the stance look, Flush u know. But I also want a safe ride. So I think I'm gonna do 195 50 15 since 195 45 may be too close to the bone. 50's have more beef. I just hope I'm making the right decision

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child I'm looking for the stance look, Flush u know. But I also want a safe ride. So I think I'm gonna do 195 50 15 since 195 45 may be too close to the bone. 50's have more beef. I just hope I'm making the right decision

the 50's are taller like you said, but honestly, a 195 width means it is stretched on the wheel. Stretched tires is not safe. Sure it's been done, but people survive plane crashes too. That "stance" look is not safe, it's just a look and it's rough on the chassis, wheels, tires, and body panels. Do what you want with your car, but you gotta accept the limitations to what you're doing

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i wouldn't go 15 0 offset unless you want mexiflush +20 +15 max 195/50 would be a mild stretch on a 8 inch wide wheel. you also need to use higher psi on stretched tires like 40-45 psi and check them regularly.
these are 15×8 offset +15 on 195/50/15 falkens.

Attachments

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's always body panel modifications, that's why I kinda left it open ended fitment wise.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also keep in mind all tires do not stretch the same so the desired effect won't be the same with some brands.

hellashit

I got some hankooks I heard they stretch. Well they better do crap

Thanks lowlife

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15x8 isn't an offset, but anyway, they clearly don't fit under the wheel arches. Hope you're happy with it

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
15x8 isn't an offset, but anyway, they clearly don't fit under the wheel arches. Hope you're happy with it
This.

They look like 15x8 +0. You are gonna have to run some serious camber (and go lower) and do some fender work to gem them to fit properly. Because honestly, the fitment doesn't look good at all.

hellashit

Child these are 0 offset

Rustycivic thanks for the tip but I'm kinda of keeping it like that for now . I commute everyday in the highway picking up my kids so I wanna keep it safe . I don't feel the negative camber as much and the crazy tire strech. I guess I'm monter trucking here. But thanks for ur input guys