1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Hesitation/rough idle

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by LucentInjection, Apr 13, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. LucentInjection

LucentInjection Lucentin 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

This is on a 91 Prelude 2.0Si, but the same thing could happen to a civic........ok sometimes the motor will hesitate under load, almost feels like a miss, and intermittantly (sp) I will have a rough idle...I cleaned out my distributor, valve timing is good, fuel pressure is within specs, so is compression...not sure on the condition of the ignition module...I'm a mechanic and this is confusing me, so any advice would be helpful...thanks 8)

2. Revolver

Revolver Oct 10th Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

What do the plugs look like? If they are fine then I would test the ignitor.

3. LucentInjection

LucentInjection Lucentin 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

plugs have about 3k on them

4. Revolver

Revolver Oct 10th Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Do they look fouled though? When I had a major fuel problem when I first ran my swap I fouled the hell out of my plugs without even driving the car more than 5 miles.