HID or LED conversion kits

DANOCIVIC

Hey, so what are your thought on HID or LED conversion kits? Pros or cons? It looks like the H4 bulb kits fit the 9003 sockets?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HIDs are best installed with projector lens housings or the light dispersement goes everywhere including blinding oncoming traffic. From what Ive read, LED headlight bulbs may look bright but dont focus straight forward enough just yet, being that their new for headlights. PIAA bulbs are brighter and clearer than standard bulbs, for what its worth. Yes, I believe h4 and 9003 bulbs are basically the same with one being shorter than the other with the same socket style.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good led bulbs focus just fine but the light output on them is no where near the output of a proper hid retrofit. ive owned both on my civic and the morimoto hid retrofit with projectors wins 100%.the leds i bought were dual sided for "high and low beams" but it really didnt seems to help much, they looked much better than halogens with lows comparing well but the brights were not as bright.

DANOCIVIC

Installed a set of Go Performance LEd http://www.go-performance.ca/ today. Incredible brightness. Easy install. Even has the ability to clock the led inside the lense to reflect perfect on deflector. I will take a pic. $ 130.00 bucks

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow that's pretty expensive, think I paid 80$ for mine. How are your brights? Is there a noticeable difference when you switch? I wouldn't mind trying led on my 4runner but basically having no brights sucks

DANOCIVIC

Yes, the one side is just low beam, and the other side with the two strand led is hi beam. That's Canadian prices LOL. Probably about $80.00 USd. Incredible difference.