hidden costs of upgraded cam for my d15b vtec?

ej8_st

I have a 95 d15b vtec looking to have a bisimoto level 1 camshaft in it. My mechanic told me that i need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge. Are there any other procedures or things i need to buy to go about this mod?

Trekk

Registered VIP
I don't know if Gude performance (a.k.a. Bullfrog) is around anymore. They used to sell a head/cam/TB/ECU package back in the early 2000's. From what I remember I think it bumped your compression up to 11 to1. It was the most complete package you could get. My friend had it, and it was pretty cool, but it wasn't ground breaking. A few months later Apexi released a d16 turbo kit (the most amazing kit), my friend sold the bullfrog package, went back to stock, then added the Apexi kit. At stock 5-6 psi, it was much faster.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
10% power increase from bisi level 1 cam
You aren't looking at the bigger picture, Bisi is very reputable but every single car is not going to gain EXACTLY 10%. Also, whp numbers that's like a 11-12hp increase. That is probably with full bolt-ons as well. Is that all worth the $400 bucks (if you do it yourself?). Oh I forgot that gain claim from Bisi is probably after tuning, so add that on to it.