HIDs

bobby2552

Respected
Picked up some 55w HID Xenon's from Kensun. The picture is with them on top, and my dad's normal Halogens below.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Everytime I drive up on someone who has HID's I want to choke them an their bright ass headlights.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Yeah I get flashed a lot for them. But they put out a hell of a lot of light.

Make sure they are aimed properly. People who put them in don't realise that they need to be lowered as they do blind oncoming traffic.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Make sure they are aimed properly. People who put them in don't realise that they need to be lowered as they do blind oncoming traffic.
Aiming them will only help so much. No matter what, there will be light scatter.

@bobby2552 do a projector retrofit and these HID's will look 24982 times better

bobby2552

Respected
Aiming them will only help so much. No matter what, there will be light scatter.

@bobby2552 do a projector retrofit and these HID's will look 24982 times better
I thought about that, but then I'd have to buy the enclosure, and all new bulbs.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I thought about that, but then I'd have to buy the enclosure, and all new bulbs.

It's a bit more expensive, but the nice line output is worth it. When I did my retrofit it cost me $245 shipped for the kit, and a few hours of my time since it required taking a dremel to the OEM Acura headlamps.

With a retrofit, your HID's would output like this:

bobby2552

Respected
It's a bit more expensive, but the nice line output is worth it. When I did my retrofit it cost me $245 shipped for the kit, and a few hours of my time since it required taking a dremel to the OEM Acura headlamps.

With a retrofit, your HID's would output like this:
Ooh that looks nice. I'll consider it.

jackdog1

Is it possible to do HIDs for just the high-beams? I wouldn't want HIDs for normal driving, but we have some back roads around here are pitch-black at night

bobby2552

Respected
Is it possible to do HIDs for just the high-beams? I wouldn't want HIDs for normal driving, but we have some back roads around here are pitch-black at night
It depends. I have a h4 bulb, which has hi+lo beam. So the halogen high beam bulb is literally mounted directly above the xenon high beam. However, most cars have separate sections of you will for hi/lo beams. So in the case of most cars, yes. Just look up what size your high beams are and buy that kit.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The integral of e based on the natural log of sin(x^2) at the point pi given that y represents the lumen output of an hid. Or something like that.

Ding ding ding! :lol:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
It depends. I have a h4 bulb, which has hi+lo beam. So the halogen high beam bulb is literally mounted directly above the xenon high beam. However, most cars have separate sections of you will for hi/lo beams. So in the case of most cars, yes. Just look up what size your high beams are and buy that kit.

Ensure you dont have to get local state inspections because this will fail and earn you a fat ghostbuster sticker on the windshield. Cant have HID's in both the high and low beam, currently in most municipalities its unlawful and considered dangerous simply because they are so damn bright.

They have been trying to push legislation to change the way HID's are projected to reduce the glare to oncoming traffic for quite sometime.

bobby2552

Respected
Ensure you dont have to get local state inspections because this will fail and earn you a fat ghostbuster sticker on the windshield. Cant have HID's in both the high and low beam, currently in most municipalities its unlawful and considered dangerous simply because they are so damn bright.

They have been trying to push legislation to change the way HID's are projected to reduce the glare to oncoming traffic for quite sometime.
I live in Indiana. All you have to have is a muffler, and they don't care about ANYTHING else. I've passed several cops with them, and haven't been pulled over. Thanks though.