High pitch Noise from Transmission until slightly pressing the clutch

dth0ng69

5+ Year Member
Okay, i have 96 EK hatch. I just had the clutch replaced.

My Input shaft Bearing is making noise until i press on the clutch all the way then its quiet , and its okay I'm waiting to get another tranny.

What I am concerned about now, is there is a high pitch screech coming from the transmission/clutch assembly/ tranny fork area. I never had this screech before doing the cllutch.
The nosie stops when I touch on the clutch a little bit, like about 1/2 inch. So basically with the clutch (not pressed in) it makes this high pitch screeching noise sounds almost like a bad timing belt. Until I touch on the pedal slightly past the free play and it barely touches the clutch.

I seen some threads where people have similar problems, but never got it solved.
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847532

I heard some suggestions like getting the pedal adjusted, flushing out slave cylinder.

I am stuck and Need help anybody ?

thanks in advanced

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you replace the clutch yourself? Was the clutch release bearing on the shift fork replaced as well? I made the mistake of submerging mine in cleaner when I changed my clutch, and ended up having to replace it, because I flushed all the grease ouf of the bearing (didn't know it wasn't completely sealed). POSSIBLE that it's going bad, or wasn't greases properly when clutch was replaced.
I know on my 92, the input shaft bearing was toast, so not only did it eventually drop out of 3rd when I let off the gas, it was making a horrible whine as well, unless the clutch was engaged. So possible the noise could be that input shaft bearing as well