High pressure Fuel pump 08 2.2 diesel

GIXXERYID

Have been told today that my Civic that is 4 years old and had only done 48k miles needs a new fuel pump!
This has been quoted for over 2k just to supply and because I missed the service by 3k because of work commitments the warranty is now invalid.
This will end up costing me a 3rd of what I paid for the car. Can anyone help as to how I can get the warranty to cover this as the car has a full service history and is a well looked after car.
I love my Civic and have had no problems until now and feel absolutely gutted and can't afford the repairs!
Please, any advise will help
Thanks
Paul

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
diesel civic o_0

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do the work yourself..save money..gain experience

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have been told today that my Civic that is 4 years old and had only done 48k miles needs a new fuel pump!
This has been quoted for over 2k just to supply and because I missed the service by 3k because of work commitments the warranty is now invalid.
This will end up costing me a 3rd of what I paid for the car. Can anyone help as to how I can get the warranty to cover this as the car has a full service history and is a well looked after car.
I love my Civic and have had no problems until now and feel absolutely gutted and can't afford the repairs!
Please, any advise will help
Thanks
Paul
You went 1,000 miles over the limit. They don't care about your situation, harsh but it's the truth. Warranty has limits for a reason and they find any way they can to get out of paying you just gave them the perfect reason to not have to pay out. Most of the time they have to dig to find a reason not to pay, you made it easy for them. You go even a couple miles out of the period they are able to deny the claim. That is what you agree to when you sign the contract saying that you will adhere to their terms.

Sucks big time, but that is life.

diesel civic o_0
European markets have a turbo diesel for the 8 gens.

do the work yourself..save money..gain experience
This is the only way you are going to get out of this with money in your pocket. Warranty won't pay the claim so you either have to pay up or do the work yourself. I deal with warranty issues weekly between my service writer and I. He has to deal with them almost daily. It's a b***h.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hate dealing with warranties at work, they try to screw you as much as possible and make everything difficult

ah i thought kent meant Kentucky which made me think us

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hate dealing with warranties at work, they try to screw you as much as possible and make everything difficult

ah i thought kent meant Kentucky which made me think us
LOL. I thought he meant Kent, Wa until I reread the title and saw that he said 2.2 diesel.