Hmm, this ones a little simple..

nellorific

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BUT, i need help installing my jdm sidemarkers =D. I'm new to this website, but heres whats up with me and my civic.

Got a used 98 auto a year ago, I wanted so badly the 99-00 Si's, but parents (go figure) dont want their asian son driving a stick. So i was like f**k it whatever, civics are hella tight anywho. So i getem. My uncle hooks it up with gunmetal rims, 17'' with velox tires. 2 weeks exactly later my car is stolen, what a b***h. Then couple of months later, i get in a car accident, minor damage to fender, bumper if messed up and my left headlight is smashed out. As im about to start putting money into my car, some asian gang faggets one day after school just start chasing me. Ended up thinking i was someone i wasnt, and beating the s**t out of my car, as well as giving me a black eye. Pussies followed me in a car they had stolen while i was with my gf, sister and picking up my little brother. Well, whatever, they will get theres. my windsheild is about the only thing ive fixed.

Now, on my journey to fiing up my car, i stand with just generic ass 99-00 black housing heads, 99-00 type R grill, and JDM sidemarkers. I am ordering a 99-00 front bumper, mugen lip, and fenders within the next week. Doing a 99-00 conversion, simple. I however, dont wanna mess up my fenders that i havnt even gotten yet with a drill just to try anf put in these jdm sidemarkers, so any insrtuctions on how to get these things on would be greatly appreciated, as well as where i might be able to get the wiring and connector to make these babies work ;). Oh yea, and i have my tail lights smoked, the 96-98 tails, i just wanted to try it and have them on now, but i still got my red and whites in a box just in case =).

So any help would be appreciated. Thanks! =D

BlackDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wire them up according to your turn signal lights. Thats how I was always told to wire sidemarkers and other style singals up. But you know to properly pull the JDM look off you would have to go about recessing the lights a little. JDM fenders have an pre-made area for sidemarkers and the lights sit in a bit. Not postive though, I personally don't like JDM but I read a post with that mentioned in it.

Edit : As for wiring connectors then you should just be able to tap into the turn singals wires. Then just run the new wire so it isn't seen. Which wouldn't be too hard.

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I had markers in my car, I had to have a spot cut out for them, and vampire tapped into the turn signal lights. I had it done... better then me F*cking up my fenders

SI civic94-R

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to make it real JDM u have to connect them to the rear signal lights because they are only suppose to turn on when u have the turn signal on, the front ones are always on when your lights are on

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is three wires going to the front turn signals. one is the ground one is for parking lights and the other is for the turn signal. all you need to do is get a test light and check to see which wire is which