Hoki Random Thread

Hoki

All by myself. And i posted yesterday n got some alert saying im spamming and advertising n my post was deleted cause i double posted ot on accident. Wtf. Im new here and i didnt know how to delete the extra post if theres an option even. Chill out

I just like to show people what I thought of and do with my car I just got.

Oh well I thought about getting them cause it was really hard to reach behind the seat to pull the seatbelt and I got tired of it so I was looking online and learned there's some belt guides on a different car that work with the civic so I ordered them on ebay and now I'm so happy. On my parents and friends cars they don't have that problem cause there seatbelts are pretty much in line with the seat but on my car the belts are in back of the seat, maybe I'm too close to the steering wheel? I donno but If i put my seat all the way back i don't think i would reach the pedals good.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
That still sounds better than my seat belts. Mine are all work out cause after I use them I have to Guide them back up or they won't retract. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoki

Yeah mine was doing that at first too but then I saw on YouTube they said if you clean them they will work better so after I wash them they work like new again just soak them in some soapy water and scrub them like the whole belt. I used alcohol to wash them too so much dirt came out

Hoki

Can you guess what im gonna do!???

20151027_115048.jpg

Yayyyyyyy. I havent adjusted n stuck it down yet though 20151104_045618.jpg

So this is what ivebeen doing lately . I got some touch up paint and a set of sand papers and theres a few small areas that had the clear coat peeling in a quarter size circle and some paint chips so i put the paint in there to fill it up but now i gotta sand it to level it off i think nmake it smooth right now it looks kinda messy n doesnt blend with the other paint but hopefully if i follow the youtube videos i saw itll work. I got all kinds of grit paper from 320 to 3000. What kind of grit should i use to level n blend my touch up? I already have 3m compound n polish to make it shiny at the end too.

After filling it in more 20151030_111510.jpg

Doesnt other peoples wanna put guides on or am i the only one that didnt like reaching in back of me all the time!? There from the mini cooper n they fit lots of diff cars but a lot of people say bad things about them cause they have a breakaway design n they come off easy but i just used epoxy n super to stick the actual belt guide part to the part that goes under the head rest and its perrrrrfect. Just be careful when putting the sticky stuff so it doesnt get on the outside where ud see it so its not ugly

I ordered some lifetime warranty tint precut today from a local place for 30 percent and im gonna try to install it allllll by my little self. Well maybe my brother will help me a little. I already have alll the tools too. I got the side windows and a windshield strip thats 20 percent.

Attachments

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
I'll have to try that out. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm confused.. are you asking for tips on the application process?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good luck. My buddy did it after watching a DVD on it a few times. It surprisingly came out great, and he only f**ked up once.

Post pictures.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've merged all your threads to one and renamed it as a build thread. Please post your updates in here rather than creating new threads each time.

Thanks!

Reactions: HeX

Hoki

Wha. This is supposed to be about my car stuff. Everyone stop talking in my thread. Guess what peoples. Im gonna put on my tint today yayyyyy. Ill show u pictures. Guess what i did alllll by my self last night. I put on a new splash shield under my engine. It was so hard to get those thigs off but i put new things on too.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Alright, I cleaned the s**t out of this thread. I'm asking that everyone keep on topic now. Kthx :thumbs up

Hoki

Like on my clouding clearcoat spots on my trunk lid can i sand those off n put in touch up paint and smooth it out?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Like on my clouding clearcoat spots on my trunk lid can i sand those off n put in touch up paint and smooth it out?
You might want to clay bar the car first to get rid of all the impurities. Is it rough feeling? If it is, it sound like oxidation.

If it looks like this you can probably fix it up.

If it looks like this, I would suggest having the entire part repainted.

Hoki

I tried a spot already n i think it went on too thick so what kinda sand should i use

You might want to clay bar the car first to get rid of all the impurities. Is it rough feeling? If it is, it sound like oxidation.

Yeah it looks like the second picture but smaller quarter size spots

If it looks like this you can probably fix it up.

If it looks like this, I would suggest having the entire part repainted.
I was thinking since its just my trunk lid could I just sand the whole thing completely off on the top part only and just get the spray can of my color and just do it that way?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was thinking since its just my trunk lid could I just sand the whole thing completely off on the top part only and just get the spray can of my color and just do it that way?
I wouldn't. You'd respray with no clear coat and it would look off compared to the rest of the car. Also, you're wet sanding, right? I would use a fine grit sandpaper and go very lightly to test a spot and see the outcome.

If your car looks like the first picture I provided, I recommend using a clay bar first.

Also just advice, when you quote posts, click Reply and type under the block of text, rather than quote, submit it, and then post another reply. :thumbs up

Hoki

This is so complicated. Well if put clear on it though. My touch up paint comes with a bottle of clear. Am I supposed to apply the clear before the paint dries or after?

I noticed where i already put some touch up the area looks brighter than the rest is that cause i havent put the clear on? Should i mix it in before i apply it will that make it look darker?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I noticed where i already put some touch up the area looks brighter than the rest is that cause i havent put the clear on? Should i mix it in before i apply it will that make it look darker?
Many reasons... your paint probably faded over time, so when applying touch up it's going to look different. New paints today have clear mixed in, depending on the type of paint being used. I'm nowhere near a paint guru, so I think your best advice for quick results would be to google issues such as how to fix clear coat and the proper way to apply touch up to a car.

Hoki

I put on my strip! My arms r like noodles now
It was dark n cold out ill take better ones in the day time tomorrow 20151106_203645.jpg 20151106_203918.jpg

trying to put on my side window tint was awfull! as soon as I peeled the film off to put it to the window it folded on itself and stuck together. I went to the tinting place and told them and they gave me more it was so weird cause the tint guy laughed and pat me on the head like a cat or something and said he'll come help me if I want but I think I can do it.

OK PEOPLES WELL I THINK I NEED ALL HONDA OWNERS OF THE WORLD TO UNITE AND TELL ME SOMETHING CAUSE I NEED A SCREW. ON THE DRIVERS SIDE JUST INSIDE THE WHEEL AREA SOME SCREW IS SUPPOSE TO GO IN THERE TO SECURE THE FRONT BUMPER BUT IT'S MISSING. I LOOKED AT THE OTHER SIDE AND IT'S HARD TO SEE BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS A PHILLPS BIG HEAD WITH A SLIGHT BUMP TO IT SO IT'S NOT TOTALLY FLAT AND ABOUT THE SIZE OF A PENNY. I WENT TO THE HONDA PLACE AND THEY GAVE ME THESE SCREWS THEY SAID ARE FOR THAT BUT THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LOOKING, THEY ARE SHINY SILVER AND HAVE BIG HEADS THAT USE A FLAT SCREWDRIVER AND THEY HEADS ARE RAIDED AND LIKE OCTOGAN SHAPE OR SOMETHING WHERE YOU CAN USE A 10MM SOCKET OR SOME SIZE SOCKET AS WELL. I DONNO IF THE LONG PART WILL FIT IN MY HOLE THOUGH CAUSE I HAVEN'T TRIED IT. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE JUST USING A NEW TYPE NOW OR SOMETHING? I'M SO CONFUSED I JUST WANT MY HOLE FILLLED WITH SOMETHING ALREADY

WHAT IF I TAKE MY SIDE WINDOWS OUT SO I CAN BRING THEM INSIDE AND PUT THEM ON THE FLOOR SO I CAN WATCH FLINSTONES AND BE OVER IT AS I LAY THE FILM ON IT? IS TAKING THE WINDOW OUT WORTH IT JUST TO MAKE SURE I DON'T MESS IT UP AGAIN CAUSE I DON'T HAVE A GARAGE I CAN DO THIS IN. IT LOOKS LIKE TAKING THE WINDOW OUT ISN'T THAT HARD. I'M THINKING ABOUT CUTTING A CARDBOARD AND PUTTING A HANDLE ON IT SO I CAN LAY THE WHOLE TINT FLAT ON IT THEN PUSH IT ON THE WINDOW OR MAYBE JUST PEELING A LITTLE OF THE FILM OFF THEN PUTTING IT ON THE WINDOW. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITLL PINCHES IN THE FILM WITH COME OUT USING A HEAT GUN?