Honda CBR inside!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
young_ asked for me to put up the CBR build. It isn't much of a build as it is a pic whoring thread, but here we go.

Subject is a 2003 Honda CBR 600F4i. Bought 'er off the previous owner that only put 900 miles on it. It was still a baby. Hell, it's still a baby to this day as I only put another 1500 miles on it. In washington we only get about 4 months of good riding weather and half of that still includes rain. This thing doesn't see the rain so I didn't have much riding time each year.

I rode a TON before I got this bike. My old bike had 32,000 miles on it when I turned it into a track only bike then ended up selling it when I stopped going to track days. It was very expensive and at that time we didn't have a track close to home so I had to drive. All we had were drag strips at that time and I wasn't into that sort of thing.

I am getting out of riding street. At least for now. I have had to many close calls from idiots that don't pay attention to motorcycles and the traffic is getting more dense around here so I won't commute in one. There is a road track up north now so I might get back into that some day but most likely won't get back to riding street.

On to the pics!

The day I brought 'er home:

First mod...L.E.D.s in the rear pegs and rear fender eliminator:

Next up...rear tire hugger in carbon fiber:

Had a collision with a manhole cover that popped out of it's hole when an SUV ran over it. Blew out the tire and bent the rim. Spent almost a year suing the city. Had no money so the bike was out of commission for that whole time. It happened on the first commute of the spring.

Had no lift or front stand so I had to improvise.

Little photoshoot at my folks when I went to meet someone to sell my old VF750F that I had restored.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Next mod...electric trunk/seat pop.

L.E.D.s in gauge cluster changed from yellow to white (first pic isn't my cluster, had to steal a pic from google as I forgot to take one before I started):

K&N, new exhaust, and power commander mapped for exhaust and K&N. Also added rear seat eliminator

Spikes and carbon fiber look phase I went through.

Real carbon key guard:

How she sits now. Pics for the sale ad.

L.E.D.s in air intake.

Last edited:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gonna be sad to see her go :( I'm glad I live further out from the city so traffic isn't too bad around here.

So no riding for a while eh?

Thanks for posting it up though! Glad to see it

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gonna be sad to see her go :( I'm glad I live further out from the city so traffic isn't too bad around here.

So no riding for a while eh?

Thanks for posting it up though! Glad to see it
Going to be some what sad too. This thing is still fresh. Not even broken in yet.

I have a 2 fold reason. 1) for not riding anymore and don't really want it to just sit around dropping in value each year and 2) when my civic was totaled a couple months ago I needed to get a new one asap. I had to borrow money because I was very tight on cash and one of the stipulations was that I sell this to pay them back.

Some times life gets in the way and the toys are the first to go. Not really hurting because I already made the decision to stop riding street a couple years ago and this is too much of a virgin to turn into a possible track bike.