Honda Civic 2000, air conditioning needed

rmasrani

Hi All. Apologies if this question has already come up. We bought a 2000 Honda Civic hatchback (5 spd) for our daughter (and from a friend) - but just discovered that it has no AC. The car is otherwise in great shape for 277K KM and we are very happy with it. So - does anyone know a good after market AC system we can consider? Thanks in advance.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

I would shop around on Craigslist for a use OEM compressor and OEM parts rather than something aftermarket. Any 96-00 compressor should work. Maybe even 92-95, not sure.

Restotech

Respected
My car had the ac taken out. I bought all the pipes, brackets, relays, compressor ect from the junkyard. Flush all lines and hoses and install with new orings and a new dryer. If the vehicle never had ac, you will need everything including the evaporator. As far as I know, there is no aftermarket kits for Hondas

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are some online aftermarket AC kits for '96-'00 Civic, but I strongly suggest against them as they usually will last only between 2-4 years and dont blow nearly as cold as OEM compressors. OEM Sanden compressors can last 20 years just with the occasional freon flush. Ordering them from Honda is quite expensive at approx. $550, but their are two sellers on eBay that sell OEM sanden compressors for about $300. I believe one of them has a kit including the dryer, expansion valve, condensor & seals for maybe $380. Hoses are best sourced used, such as from a junkyard.

Do you know exactly what you're missing? Usually its just the compressor.