Honda Civic 2014 Lx - Maintenance Contract

SandeepVD

Hi Experts, Civic Owners,

I recently bought Honda Civic LX from a dealer in Sunnyvale.
I was also sold, 3 years/36,000 miles Honda care maintenance contract for $650/-. I am being new and also buying car first time in US, was not sure if I should buy this or not...I have an option to cancel the contract within 60 days to get full refund. I have only 2 more days left ...
onda Care Maintenance includes the following services:

Oil and filter2
Tire rotation
Air intake filter
Cabin air filter
Automatic transmission fluid
Rear differential fluid
Transfer case fluid
Brake fluid
Multi-point inspection

I am good driver and take of car well...I drive max 1000 miles/month on my new civic.

With all this data, I am not sure if it is worth to keep the maintenance contract OR I should just cancel it.. I am feeling like I paid too much for 3 years new car maintainance.. What will be usual maintence cost in 1st, 2nd and 3rd years ? The figures quoted in Edmunds is too high....

I need your help .. Please suggest with your experience...What should I do?
Keep the contract OR cancel it ?

Thanks...

Northwoodshyun

I would cancel that deal as it is a bad deal. You do not have Rear differential fluid and
Transfer case fluid to worry about. I am assuming you have an automatic transmission (CVT). When you go in for a service, just get the oil/filter change and tire rotation as this service is no more than $39-49. Cabin filter and engine filter are very easy to change. The oil/filter change with tire rotation is about 7500 miles so for $40 x 5 = $200. The cabin filter is only $10-$15 and it is very easy to change (every 10,000 miles). The engine filter is only $20 and easy to change (about every 30,000 miles). CVT Transmission fluid change is around $100 and needs to be changed around 60,000 miles. You will come up ahead if you do it yourself. The dealer gave you that list but they will not do most of the work.