Honda civic dx timming belt tensioner spring problems.

camaro425

Help me please, I have changed my timming belt and tensioner about six months ago and everything seemed to go fine then about four weeks ago i went to start my car and heard a loud belt slapping noise so i went to see where the noise was coming from and it was my belt so i turned the car off, i removed the inspection cover and other componets to find out my spring broke, at this point i thought it was a defective spring so i bought another one and changed the spring, now four weeks later the spring broke again, i put the allienment pin in and installed the belt and tensioner spring, rotated the motor and re-tightened the tensioner, what i'm i doing wrong, how much tension should be on the belt? i thought once you pin the tensioner and install the spring you rotate the motor three to four time counter clockwise then tighten the tesioner, is there something i am missing? please help.

RonJ

Banned
You loosen the center belt tensioner bolt, turn the crank pulley cc three teeth on the cam gear, and retighten the bolt to tension the belt.

Get your service manual.