Honda Civic EX 2000 Alarm system...SMH

wrod7

5+ Year Member
Does anyone know how to disable the alarm system?

When I open my door with the key the alarm goes off -.- , the only way I can avoid the alarm is by unlock the doors with the remote, but I have to press the unlock button like 50x so it can unlock.

-Thanks.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so get a new transmitter, problem solved!

00Ex00

5+ Year Member
either that or the battery on the remote is almost dead

wrod7

5+ Year Member
I still have the same problem, I got a new battery for my remote, is there any way I can disable the alarm, or can someone give me a link from ebay of the transmitter I should get.

Thanks!

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ seriously man... when ur there on ebay also get a honda service manual for your car... its like $4 and it will help you. But the simplest way would be to get a new little remote. If you really dont know how to search on ebay go to ur honda dealership and they'll have it and they'll also program it for you.

wrod7

5+ Year Member
I might have to explain my self a bit more, My car is parked at work, I cant turn on the car to take it to the dealer b.c of the stupid alarm. Is there any thing I can do without tolling it? cut some wires lol

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
don't use the keyless to lock the doors and the alarm won't ever arm. lock the door with the key when you get out. problem solved

also, if this is a factory alarm there should be a disarm button somewhere near the driver's side dash area

Last edited: