1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Honda Civic EX 2000 Alarm system...SMH

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by wrod7, Nov 4, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. wrod7

wrod7 New Member 5+ Year Member

Does anyone know how to disable the alarm system?

When I open my door with the key the alarm goes off -.- , the only way I can avoid the alarm is by unlock the doors with the remote, but I have to press the unlock button like 50x so it can unlock.

-Thanks.

2. Esotericimage

Esotericimage Try GOOGLE 1st Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

so get a new transmitter, problem solved!

3. darkdanny2009

darkdanny2009 New Member 5+ Year Member

4. 00Ex00

00Ex00 New Member 5+ Year Member

either that or the battery on the remote is almost dead

5. wrod7

I still have the same problem, I got a new battery for my remote, is there any way I can disable the alarm, or can someone give me a link from ebay of the transmitter I should get.

Thanks!

6. Docta2002

Docta2002 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

^^^ seriously man... when ur there on ebay also get a honda service manual for your car... its like $4 and it will help you. But the simplest way would be to get a new little remote. If you really dont know how to search on ebay go to ur honda dealership and they'll have it and they'll also program it for you.

7. wrod7

I might have to explain my self a bit more, My car is parked at work, I cant turn on the car to take it to the dealer b.c of the stupid alarm. Is there any thing I can do without tolling it? cut some wires lol

8. AllStockHatch

AllStockHatch Unregistered User Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Unplug the horn.

9. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

don't use the keyless to lock the doors and the alarm won't ever arm. lock the door with the key when you get out. problem solved

also, if this is a factory alarm there should be a disarm button somewhere near the driver's side dash area

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009