1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Honda CIVIC OVERHEATING FROM HELL GHOST

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by camilo, Nov 29, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. FWDKILLER

FWDKILLER New Member

I wouldn't trust you man the op shouldn't either nobody should so please stop.

2. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

OP never confirmed or denied anything regarding this publicly, hence why I asked.
    Apparently via PM it was confirmed the coolant and oil look milky, hence it is a blown HG.

"Advices" huh? Ok...

3. FWDKILLER

FWDKILLER New Member

this kid is on every thread looks like he has no life lol.

4. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Move to the off topic forum. Automotive tech is clearly not your strength.

5. boofoo

6. boofoo

How much money are you willing to bet against my diagnosis? Silence now?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  7. camilo

camilo New Member

its not milky its more coolant mix with oil dark color not milky

8. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Oil and coolant shouldn't be mixing, you have a bad HG.

9. boofoo

Blown HG

/thread

10. boofoo

The next thing to address is whether you serverely overheated the engine, causing irreparable warpage.

11. camilo

camilo New Member

ok but before that happend i had the overheating problem ....its ok when driving but when i stop at a light it starts going heating up but when i go it goes down..i want to fix that problem first ...if i fix the head gasket i think i will still have that overheating problem.... i have the fan on all the time..... but still after drivi9ng for 15 minutes and i start stoping it starts heating up but cools down and when i drive.... radiator fluid slowly disappers after 2 weeks but i still have in the radiator......i refill leave the radiator cap off when the car is cool..i start the car coolant shots up being cold..

12. camilo

camilo New Member

if its the hg this car is done

13. camilo

camilo New Member

guys i am going to flush the system new fan and radiator this week i will let u know?

14. boofoo

You don’t want to believe the head gasket is blown, even though it’s the truth. It’s time for you to accept the truth.

Yank the head and check for engine warpage.

The engine overheating and blown head gasket are one and the same.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  15. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I'm with boofoo and Mr Baker on this one - that it's the head gasket. I had nearly identical issues that you're experiencing.

Further a sign the hg is failing.

HG is an easy fix, drain the fluids, pull the head. Assuming no warpage - replace the gasket, torque head down properly, replace fluids.

If you keep driving on it while the temp is going up, it's going to be more than just the head gasket you're replacing. I speak from experience when I say this...

16. civteck

civteck Respected

Well this escalated quickly.. op, do a compression test and a press test of the coolant system, were trying to save you money by not buying all those other parts to have the problem not go away. I agree with the head gasket as well, once its off put a straight edge across the head surface in all diff directions, if overheated these heads will warp and need to be decked true. If you still dont believe us then go head buy all those parts do as you must and come back and say same probs are happening, by then were done helping... its funny when someone asks advice 3+ ppl have a solution but its ignored and repeated over and over and over and over and over and over lol....

Sent from my boujea ass phone

17. camilo

camilo New Member

thanks everyone ......... civteck get a life i said i will let you guys know how it goes... if indeed i have to replace the hg i will let you know on saturday night...

18. civteck

civteck Respected

And this is why i moved on from the bickering of lil girl honda games... enjoy your HEAD gasket job..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

boofoo and XpL0d3r like this.
  19. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Why are you being standoffish? With the exception of one guy who is wrong, we are all saying it's the head gasket. Why ask for advice if you're not going to take it? @civteck is trying to help you by saving you money. Do troubleshooting first before throwing money into it. Civteck even provided you with how to troubleshoot and you tell him to get a life? Come on, man.

boofoo likes this.
  20. boofoo

:smackself