Honda key?

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Even normal keys with wear can often work on other cars of the same make since the lock cylinder are subject to wear over time.
:word:

ive seen an ej8 opened and started with a 1st gen crx key lol

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So I guess the moral of the story is if your car is old, go get the ignition and door locks rekeyed :what:

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea..im gettin an alarm cuz if my car gets stolen im fukkkedddddd

Foxracer

wow i thought those were fiction. thank god i sold my old civic, fortunately though i dont think very many people up here in canada have those keys. well i havent heard of it around here anyway.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's called a master key.

There's a few out there floating around...

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this guys offering me 120 for an alarm? dunno if i should jump on i t or not?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea..im gettin an alarm cuz if my car gets stolen im fukkkedddddd
How is an alarm going to protect your car from getting stolen by someone with a master key or a shaved key? The only way to protect yourself from that would be to have your ignition/door locks rekeyed and get a brand new key.

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How is an alarm going to protect your car from getting stolen by someone with a master key or a shaved key? The only way to protect yourself from that would be to have your ignition/door locks rekeyed and get a brand new key.
but ima at least know if someones tryna get in it.. thats enough time for me

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I guess the moral of the story is if your car is old, go get the ignition and door locks rekeyed :what:
Even then, the cars are just easy to get into. You don't need to use a key.
wow i thought those were fiction. thank god i sold my old civic, fortunately though i dont think very many people up here in canada have those keys. well i havent heard of it around here anyway.
There's master keys out there for almost all makes. I've even heard of electronic "master keys" for the higher end vehicles, like Mercedes.
Do you think alarms don't do anything at all if you just straight unlock the car?

New lock cylinders and key won't really do anything besides keep teenagers and friends from using their keys to open your doors.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t... Now I'm all freaked out.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
s**t... Now I'm all freaked out.
No need to be.

It's unlikely anyone would use it on your Honda. It's just too easy to break into these cars. You don't need one. The only use it would have for these cars, from a thieve's perspective, is it would speed things up minimally. This might be a good idea for them if they steal a high volume of cars, but your average teenage or twenty-something retard stealing cars isn't going to even be willing to pay to get one. They just want free radios and intakes.

Protect your car as best as you can and keep quiet about any security on the car itself. Some good ideas, as always: alarm, battery back-up for alarm, kill switch (fuel pump, starter, clutch), jimmi jackers, removable steering wheel, garage. There's plenty more creative ideas out there too.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No need to be.

It's unlikely anyone would use it on your Honda. It's just too easy to break into these cars. You don't need one. The only use it would have for these cars, from a thieve's perspective, is it would speed things up minimally. This might be a good idea for them if they steal a high volume of cars, but your average teenage or twenty-something retard stealing cars isn't going to even be willing to pay to get one. They just want free radios and intakes.

Protect your car as best as you can and keep quiet about any security on the car itself. Some good ideas, as always: alarm, battery back-up for alarm, kill switch (fuel pump, starter, clutch), jimmi jackers, removable steering wheel, garage. There's plenty more creative ideas out there too.
That part made me LMAO.