Honda Ruckus DD. Stretched and swapped!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So rather than make a build thread, i'll just post up as my Daily "members rides". I've already done most of the work (and documented it) so it's not really a "build" anymore. Still have some work to do, but it's going to stay like this for a while.

Before:

During:

As it sits now:

For those of you who don't know, the Honda Ruckus comes with a 49cc motor and averages about 35mph @ 100 mpg. I've since swapped in the GY6 150cc motor and am now averaging about 68 mph @ 85-90 mpg.

So yeah, it's my daily driver right now while living in California. I'm planning to daily it once I move to Las Cruces New Mexico this fall as well. All together, I have $4,100 invested including the cost of the "bike" and have received more comments on it than any other car/bike i've ever owned (minus my Supercharged NSX). I REALLY like it and plan to keep it for a long long time. It's too convenient, efficient, and fun to sell it like I always do with all my rides. :cool:

Lastly, my other ride:

ok, not really mine but the reason I've been away from the boards for nearly half a year. This is Virgin Galactic's Spaceship 2 being carried by White Knight 2, being towed out to the runway before our last rocket launch earlier this year.... And the reason i'm moving to New Mexico (Spaceport America is there).

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to have you back! That ruckus is SICK!!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your ruckus is amazing. I want one so bad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Boost it!

just out of curiosity, have you ever measured the 0-60 with the 150cc engine?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Boost it!

just out of curiosity, have you ever measured the 0-60 with the 150cc engine?
I haven't but probably should so I have a good before/after I do the engine upgrades later this year. On the ruckus boards I see lots of people upping their acceleration but losing top end so I need to find that happy medium. I'm all "stock" now though so I have plenty of room for improvement.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I haven't but probably should so I have a good before/after I do the engine upgrades later this year. On the ruckus boards I see lots of people upping their acceleration but losing top end so I need to find that happy medium. I'm all "stock" now though so I have plenty of room for improvement.

Can you do the gy6 swap without stretching it? Just wondering, I love the stretched look but every ruckus I see with the swap is stretched.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's a GNARLY ass Ruckus haha. Glad to have you back man! My secretary's husband is trying to get into Virgin Galactic right now. Pretty awesome stuff they're doing.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Can you do the gy6 swap without stretching it? Just wondering, I love the stretched look but every ruckus I see with the swap is stretched.
Well, yes and no. It's a long case engine so it has to stick out some what. Not as far as mine, but it can't all tuck into the OEM location either.

That's a GNARLY ass Ruckus haha. Glad to have you back man! My secretary's husband is trying to get into Virgin Galactic right now. Pretty awesome stuff they're doing.
Do you know what position? Most everyone from VG is moving to New Mexico. 99.9%. The Spaceship Company which a lot of people call/think is Virgin will stay here in Mojave though. And thanks for the props! I love this little thing!