Hood Pin Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you donjt want it flying open get some bunjee cords that are like the 2 inch lon ones and hook the head into the part where the trunk meets the arms. then hook the other end to a firewall notch. it'll hold it down. when oyu life it you'll meet resitance, but at a 90 degree angle it'll actually hold it upright somewhat.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok .... this thread is going nowhere, really. I've decided on what I want, and everyone keeps sugguesting bungee cords and wire loops .... and I don't want ghettoness.

Moroso quick release hoodpins, powdercoated gunmetal.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there's always the chain and padlock method.

Pretty much negates any weight loss you got from going c/f but it does piss off crackheads who are trying to take your battery.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PLEASE stop posting off topic bullshit.. thanks..

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not just close it then?? he already decided what he was gonna get

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
PLEASE stop posting off topic bullshit.. thanks..
Correct me if I'm wrong but the original question was:
Eran said:
Is there an alternative to hood pins for SAFELY securing a carbonfiber or fiberglass hood? I'm not talking about different kinds of hoods pins (Sparco-style, moroso-style, cable-style, etc), but actual things that would work similarly, except be LESS visable from the outisde. Any input is appreciated.
My answer was:
Beelzebubba said:
there's always the chain and padlock method.
and then a nice little illustration.

Now you can argue that my suggestion won't work but arguing that it is off topic is just insane.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the original question was:

My answer was: and then a nice little illustration.

Now you can argue that my suggestion won't work but arguing that it is off topic is just insane.
it wont work.. heres why.. the only think you can hook the padlock to is the latch.. the whole reason you get hood pins is in case the latch fails... so if the latch fails.. and the hood goes to fly open.. the lock hooked to the now broken latch.. is NOT going to keep it from flying open.. ;) and maybe you are feeling a little guilty... because i hardly singled you out.. it was a GENERAL warning.. but like rand0m pointed out.. the questions been answered.. so telling him to tape the hood.. or lock it with a chain.. is really not needed... also.. your avatar is too big.. please remove or resize.. thanks.. if youd like to continue this discussion you can get me on aim xoccivicx or just PM me here... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.