1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How can i get more hp out of my engine?

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by d16yb-96, Mar 23, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. d16yb-96

d16yb-96 New Member 5+ Year Member

What is the best way to go to get more horsepower out of my 1996 Honda Civic EX with the stock d16y8 engine, with out getting a turbo, supercharger, or nitrous? I already have an intake but thats it. Thanks for the help.

2. slowcivic E G

slowcivic E G bla bla bla Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

well there is a whole bunch of stuff you can do, but you will be spending a lot of money and not making too much power.

3. d16yb-96

well what are some of the cheaper ways?

4. slowcivic E G

slowcivic E G bla bla bla Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

well without going with any forced induction and keeping that motor, you can do all the bolt ons, header, catback, hi flo cat/test pipe, intake mani, throttle body. but you wont see too much power. You could swap a different motor in, and keep that NA, B series is a good choice, or you can use forced induction.

5. d16yb-96

yea im probably gonna get the swap because my motor has 170000 miles on it so i guess it's about ready for another engine. thanks a lot though.

6. Astheros

Astheros AMPhotography Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

u can put about 3k into the d series engine N/A and itll be as fast as a b16.
    or u can put about 3k into a boost setup and itll be running 300+ hp.

7. TiiM iiS l3eAsT

TiiM iiS l3eAsT Scamming Piece Of Shit Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

unless you want an all motor setup with high compression pistons......or go turbo

your not going to get that much hp without doing anything major to the motor......sorry to tell you but you gotta do somethen to the motor to get hp.....

8. d16yb-96

yea ill probablly end up boosting it.

9. Ejayy8

Ejayy8 New Member 5+ Year Member

mmm yes boost is your friend