1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How can i run a 4 gage amplifier wire throug my firewall?

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by ptm11msu, Oct 30, 2003.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. ptm11msu

ptm11msu New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I drive a 2000 civic ex. Does anybody know a really good place to punch through the firewall to run a 4 gage wire for my amplifier? I can't find anyware good to run the wire through. I have thought about punching hole inteh bottom of my trunk right behind my spare tire and running it under the body, would this work?
    Thanks,
    ptm11msu
    "!the dude with the black civic and the tight-@$$ lights!"

2. Shiznit

Shiznit Stickin it to the Man Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

there are holes in your firewall, you just have to look for them. look for wires that run through your fire wall, and push that s**t through there. most of your holes will be plugged with a stopper. you just got to pull the stopper out. its really easy if you know what oyur looking for.

3. 98hatchfreak

98hatchfreak New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

shiznit028 nailed it on the head... in response to the whole idea of running it under your car and coming up through the trunk... no bueno..... you would be exposing your whole electrical system to the elements and that cannot be good....IMO

4. DirtyD

DirtyD New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Yea don't punch a whole, like hatchfreak said the wires will be exposed to outside and you might be letting in carbon monoxide and that's not good. Reach behind the glovebox under the dash and you'll either fell a plug or go in the hood and look for a nice hole and push the wire through that and try and find it under the dash. It gets hard to find the higher you go up tho

5. ptm11msu

yea i have already looked fo rthe holes through the firewall, all i have found is one under teh drivers side and one big one on teh pass. side, the one on teh drivers side is way too small to fit 4 gauge wire and i stuck a straitend out coat hanger in teh hole to see where it came out and it went nowhere. on the pass. side, there is one under the glove box but it has a large rubber stopper in it with some other wirees, and i can't find where it comes out inteh engine bay. do you know if it comes out under the battery, it looks like it might

6. BioHazard the Reaper

BioHazard the Reaper PHACM 1B Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

prolly does, just stick your wire out and LOOK for it lmao.....and dont go under you car, youll catch a snag and BOOM its done

7. JCV2000

JCV2000 Dirty South Side Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Look on the top of the driverside firewall. There will be a rubber gasket somewhere around there, there is a little bracket and a little solenoid you can remove to get to it easier. Poke a hole in it with a knife or pain of scissors, then shove that 4 guage thru. This way you still have your gromet and seal. =)

8. ptm11msu

got it

thanks guys, me and my friend just got it. i found the plug under the drivers side and ran the wire. can't wait to install the subs it going to be phat as hell
    thanx again

9. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba SubGenius Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

:thumbs up Yeah, what he said. No seriously that's the way I did it and I don't have any weird drafts or leaks.

10. MorphiasX

MorphiasX New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Yup, thats exactly how i did it too, just need 2 people, 1 to be under the dash by the pedals to pull it through once its in, and 1 to be in the engine bay pushing it through the rubber gromet...

11. zberger

zberger New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

the easiest way to run power wire on a civic is to do the following:

remove battery

remove battery tray

below battery tray is a grommet, run power wire through that rubber.

the wire should come out below the glovebox..

easiest way i've found. =)

12. JCV2000

JCV2000 Dirty South Side Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

My way is easier. NaaNaa!!

13. zberger

zberger New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

yours also uses 5 more feet of wire. :roll:

14. sublimewls

sublimewls What's Up Denny Neagle? Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

thats the way i did it on my coupe...

15. 9civic7

9civic7 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i ran mine to the d/s of the car and about half way down there was a rubber grommet that i pulled out and ran it through. i also did one on an integra and the ABS was mounted where i ran mine through. so i have to run it through on the p/s

16. Melt

Melt New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

my car didnt even have that rubber stopper s**t ... i remmeber runnin the wire through the foglights for yours though ... s**t was a b***h.