How can i run a 4 gage amplifier wire throug my firewall?

ptm11msu

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I drive a 2000 civic ex. Does anybody know a really good place to punch through the firewall to run a 4 gage wire for my amplifier? I can't find anyware good to run the wire through. I have thought about punching hole inteh bottom of my trunk right behind my spare tire and running it under the body, would this work?
Thanks,
ptm11msu
"!the dude with the black civic and the tight-@$$ lights!"

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there are holes in your firewall, you just have to look for them. look for wires that run through your fire wall, and push that s**t through there. most of your holes will be plugged with a stopper. you just got to pull the stopper out. its really easy if you know what oyur looking for.

98hatchfreak

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shiznit028 nailed it on the head... in response to the whole idea of running it under your car and coming up through the trunk... no bueno..... you would be exposing your whole electrical system to the elements and that cannot be good....IMO

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea don't punch a whole, like hatchfreak said the wires will be exposed to outside and you might be letting in carbon monoxide and that's not good. Reach behind the glovebox under the dash and you'll either fell a plug or go in the hood and look for a nice hole and push the wire through that and try and find it under the dash. It gets hard to find the higher you go up tho

ptm11msu

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i have already looked fo rthe holes through the firewall, all i have found is one under teh drivers side and one big one on teh pass. side, the one on teh drivers side is way too small to fit 4 gauge wire and i stuck a straitend out coat hanger in teh hole to see where it came out and it went nowhere. on the pass. side, there is one under the glove box but it has a large rubber stopper in it with some other wirees, and i can't find where it comes out inteh engine bay. do you know if it comes out under the battery, it looks like it might

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
prolly does, just stick your wire out and LOOK for it lmao.....and dont go under you car, youll catch a snag and BOOM its done

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look on the top of the driverside firewall. There will be a rubber gasket somewhere around there, there is a little bracket and a little solenoid you can remove to get to it easier. Poke a hole in it with a knife or pain of scissors, then shove that 4 guage thru. This way you still have your gromet and seal. =)

ptm11msu

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got it

thanks guys, me and my friend just got it. i found the plug under the drivers side and ran the wire. can't wait to install the subs it going to be phat as hell
thanx again

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by JCV2000
Look on the top of the driverside firewall. There will be a rubber gasket somewhere around there, there is a little bracket and a little solenoid you can remove to get to it easier. Poke a hole in it with a knife or pain of scissors, then shove that 4 guage thru. This way you still have your gromet and seal. =)

:thumbs up Yeah, what he said. No seriously that's the way I did it and I don't have any weird drafts or leaks.

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by JCV2000
Yup, thats exactly how i did it too, just need 2 people, 1 to be under the dash by the pedals to pull it through once its in, and 1 to be in the engine bay pushing it through the rubber gromet...

zberger

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the easiest way to run power wire on a civic is to do the following:

remove battery

remove battery tray

below battery tray is a grommet, run power wire through that rubber.

the wire should come out below the glovebox..

easiest way i've found. =)

sublimewls

What's Up Denny Neagle?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by zberger
the easiest way to run power wire on a civic is to do the following:

remove battery

remove battery tray

below battery tray is a grommet, run power wire through that rubber.

the wire should come out below the glovebox..

easiest way i've found. =)
thats the way i did it on my coupe...

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i ran mine to the d/s of the car and about half way down there was a rubber grommet that i pulled out and ran it through. i also did one on an integra and the ABS was mounted where i ran mine through. so i have to run it through on the p/s

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sublimewls
thats the way i did it on my coupe...
my car didnt even have that rubber stopper s**t ... i remmeber runnin the wire through the foglights for yours though ... s**t was a b***h.