How can I tell how much my car has been lowered?

rmsprs

so I just bought 2000 Honda civic last week and the previous owner has lowered the car. I have to tell the insurance company exactly by how much the car has been lowered before starting the policy. They cannot insure me if it has been lowered by more than 1 inch. How to tell exactly?

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Holy crap rules must me extremely strict there in Sydney.
Well I found one thread on Honda-Tech that gives you some insight:
http://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/what-stock-ride-height-civic-1098587/
I would go and measure my car but I'm already dropped.. sorry. Another way to find out is randomly find a civic like yours and measure a point of the car that doesn't include the wheel (since it can be different sizes). Good examples is measuring from the middle of the fender/quarter panel, jack points, rocker panels, etc.

rmsprs

Holy crap rules must me extremely strict there in Sydney.
Well I found one thread on Honda-Tech that gives you some insight:
http://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/what-stock-ride-height-civic-1098587/
I would go and measure my car but I'm already dropped.. sorry. Another way to find out is randomly find a civic like yours and measure a point of the car that doesn't include the wheel (since it can be different sizes). Good examples is measuring from the middle of the fender/quarter panel, jack points, rocker panels, etc.
thanks for the help. I know right it's strange that theyre so specific. But I don't want any hassles in case of a claim so I thought it'd be better to be clear at this time.
i couldnt find the actual height in the thread that you have just linked. I guess I have to wait until someone else drops in .

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
so I just bought 2000 Honda civic last week and the previous owner has lowered the car. I have to tell the insurance company exactly by how much the car has been lowered before starting the policy. They cannot insure me if it has been lowered by more than 1 inch. How to tell exactly?
thats something new... didn't realize that they was that strict with ride height.