how can lower my civic with 17s

edgarking69

5+ Year Member
ok so i just got some 17s for my 92 civic sedan and i had to raise the car a little so the would fit but someone told me i could lower the damping so i could lower the car and still keep the 17s. How can i do this it curently has a no name coilover kit i got from ebay.

pls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you want to go lower on 17s, you should Roll you fenders....yes you can still SLAM you car on 17s...

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what size rubber? if its any bigger then 205/40/R17 then its too big. other wise what pls said, roll your fenders. get a good coilover or spring/strut combo.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what's the offset on those wheels? what size tires are you running? how much adjustment do your no-name coilovers allow you?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i rolled fenders with my 17s and i was low. but i would find a decent set of coilovers to start with

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Colorado have bumpy roads? I wouldn't recommend slamming your civic with 17s I see flat tires left and right.
If i were you i would wait to get a better coilover setup.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I live in CO, and I am pretty low on 17"s... I rolled my fenders after I corrected my rear Camber and got new tires and on the way home crunch, could hear it.. had to roll the fenders... But now is allll good... And I want to get some new Coil overs... Just can't see spending 800 yet..

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You just reminded me of another problem you'll most certainly need a camber kit op when dropping it that low.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You have 17s on a slammed civic without a camber kit and its fine. hmm i find that weird. Im not a suspension guru but i thought you had to have one.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u dont have to have a camber kit..
and i was bagged on 18's and almost layed bumper on a 95 hatch.
u can go slammed, in colorado, in the snow, with 17's easy...

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn i guess just colorado sounds like a bumpy place. I live in a hilly area id scrap on pretty much every basic road ha. Op you still alive, this is your second topic neither of which you have replied back in....