how difficult will it be to remove a vafc?

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
my friend wants to buy mine, and honestly I have no idea how to take it out, I know the guy that installed it soddered some wires and stuff, i just dont want my car to run all f**ked up if i take it off incorrectly

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well usually they only cut the map sensor wire. If you find the wire on the stock harness that is cut and solder it back together and then just clip the rest of the wires where they are tapped in.. that should do the trick.

Get a pin out for your specific car if you are not sure of the map sensor location.

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i run a vafc for 3 days out of the year when i pass obd2 state inspection.

cut all the ones that are just connected to a wire. then on the other ones that intercept the signal, cut them and reconnect the original wire back together

-Luke

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i run a vafc for 3 days out of the year when i pass obd2 state inspection.

cut all the ones that are just connected to a wire. then on the other ones that intercept the signal, cut them and reconnect the original wire back together

-Luke
thanks guys, my next day off im going to pull the ecu and see if it looks simple enough, because i want to turn my car into a commuter car, really dont need a vafc

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys, my next day off im going to pull the ecu and see if it looks simple enough, because i want to turn my car into a commuter car, really dont need a vafc
not selling the civ anymore?