1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

how do i bypass the crank sensor?

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by EkcivicJDMstyle, Mar 5, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. EkcivicJDMstyle

EkcivicJDMstyle New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

im swapping my single cam for a different one. its a built jdm d15b block with a built z6 head. i need to bypass the crank sensor. how do i do this?

2. Matt.

Matt. Banned Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

so your going obd2a to obd1? Just use a obd2a jumper to obd1 and don't plug the crank sensor into anything. Its no problem.

Or if you really wanted to, you could crack open the stock engine and swap it all over. But its not worth it.

3. EkcivicJDMstyle

EkcivicJDMstyle New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

do you mean the obd1-obd2 dizzy plug? if i have that and i just dont need to plug the crank sensor in at all? i was told i have to wire a few wires together.

4. orioncivic

orioncivic ... 5+ Year Member

by useing the jumper harness it bypasses the pin for the crank fluctuation sensor you can wire it up without the jumper but it will take some patience and homework on the web id just get the jumper and call it a day

5. 96civicrunner

96civicrunner New Member 5+ Year Member

Or just use a JDM ECU... JDM ECU's don't read the crank sensor... gey gey USA haha.

6. wyldhorses

wyldhorses New Member

I tried the bypass trick and it didn't work. Any other ideas or what might be wrong with my car?

7. got traction

got traction i rock the sohc Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

run a obd1 ecu

8. HaroldCivic96

HaroldCivic96 New Member 5+ Year Member

I have the same problem how would my car run with out it plug up?