how do i determine what type of head i have. have a mini me

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hi i bought a 91 civic dx a year ago and i think i'm having problems with my distibutor(it out of a 95 civic). i have a obd-o distrib. but i'm soppose to have matching componets right

i have a mini me i have my stock block and supposably i have a 95 vtec head out of a civic and ecu.

the ecu is out of a 95 civc but i don't trust to much on the info about my head .

my question is how do i determine what type of head do i have or am i f**ked

thank in advance for any type of info i get.

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how do you have a 95 ecu and a obd0 ecu? if you have the 95 ecu(obd1) you cant run a obd0 dizzy. you can check head casting number to determine what year head you have. also check your ecu and see what it says. take pics if possible.

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how do you have a 95 ecu and a obd0 ecu? if you have the 95 ecu(obd1) you cant run a obd0 dizzy. you can check head casting number to determine what year head you have. also check your ecu and see what it says. take pics if possible.
hi thank for your reply but i think you misunderstood some how the only obd-o part i i was triying to say was i have a spare obd-o distributor not ecu i have stock block, 95civic vtec head, 95 vtec ecu supposably . i did comferm the ecu, i just needed help comferming the head

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hi thank for your reply but i think you misunderstood some how the only obd-o part i i was triying to say was i have a spare obd-o distributor not ecu i have stock block, 95civic vtec head, 95 vtec ecu supposably . i did comferm the ecu, i just needed help comferming the head

sorry i didn't write head and ecu i fix it good catch thanks

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know you said you have a obd1 ecu. what dizzy are u using right now? obd1? you cant use the obd0 dizzy on a obd1 ecu. thats what i was saying.

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know you said you have a obd1 ecu. what dizzy are u using right now? obd1? you cant use the obd0 dizzy on a obd1 ecu. thats what i was saying.
think my connections are fine the car did run for a few months with the setup i have

my problem is that the basterd that sold me the car had speaker wire here and thier like on headlights and other

places i didn't catch and my wires began to burn. it still work but before any major damage i took every

wire and re-wired the car from tail to front.but i did nothice that i wasn't geting any spark before the change

i did. after i did the change of wire everything seems normal except for the still no spark. so i tried to put a

obd-1 distributor from a 95 accord but the bolts are a little different. i took the guts out of that distributer and

put it in my old one and now i have plenty of juice but car won't start. so i was wondering if i can tell what

type of head i have excatly then i can go buy a perfect matcing distributor. and i can cross this out my list of guessing

and yes i did check fuel pump, master relay,filters and all, also took to a shop and checked for proper pressure and it check out fine

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ignition coil and ignitors. take a look at the head right above the exhaust ports there should be a stamp. take a pic or tell me what is says. but it sounds like you might have bad ignitors and or bad coil. these are common to go out and sometimes are over looked. sucks that you had to rewire it all tho.

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ignition coil and ignitors. take a look at the head right above the exhaust ports there should be a stamp. take a pic or tell me what is says. but it sounds like you might have bad ignitors and or bad coil. these are common to go out and sometimes are over looked. sucks that you had to rewire it all tho.
ok be right back going to take a look its raining but since your helping it'll be worth it haha

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sorry bro didn't see can you point out in this pic were to look for at least i know what block i have d15b1

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know i does suck to rewire but i gain knowledge know i'am rewiring every one's car and the one with

knowledge still doesn't work ain't that something also lack of mony to keep trying different stuff lol i'll get it soon!

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

check where i put head casting numbers. and also that intake manifold looks like the one i had on my d15z1 which is a vtec-e

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

check where i put head casting numbers. and also that intake manifold looks like the one i had on my d15z1 which is a vtec-e
s**t dude that was fun getting wet at 2:33 am lol

ok at the part from the manifold bottom po8-4 and the intake facing the chasis is one number inthe middle but it was hard to read think it said 3y space 3 don't know what was in the space or mybe thier is nothing and to the right of that is po3hf-2

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it could be. it dont really make a diff that i know of. a z6 is still a z6 no matter what year its from. the 92-95 ex/si have the d16z6 motor

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it could be. it dont really make a diff that i know of. a z6 is still a z6 no matter what year its from. the 92-95 ex/si have the d16z6 motor
i just found the info man thanks for all your help i really needed it now i'm going to find a cheap distributor for it thank again

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it looked like you were running the z6 one. i know for sure you were running obd1 bc the cap was diff than my obd0 one in my car

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it looked like you were running the z6 one. i know for sure you were running obd1 bc the cap was diff than my obd0 one in my car

well now that its day time i took another look at thefront were themaniflod is it is stamp with PO8-4

and the intake at the back side reads PO8 HF-2 3y13

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea you have a z6. and as for the intake mani it could be it just looks different bc of the pic. if you can get a z6 dizzy it would fit alot better. otherwise your going to have to "make" it fit.

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea you have a z6. and as for the intake mani it could be it just looks different bc of the pic. if you can get a z6 dizzy it would fit alot better. otherwise your going to have to "make" it fit.
oh everything is hooked up i thought from the previece post the you wanted that number too.

like i said before i bought the car with everthing already in it and running so as far as mechanical changes

the onlything i have changed is the guts from the distributor