How do i grease a ball joint on a 96 Honda Civic DX D16Y7

elpescado16

On the driver side of the car, i started to hear some sqeaking when i go over little bumps. I took it to a wheel shop and they told me that the ball joint might need grease. I was wondering is there a cheap way i can do that? I live in New York and everything is expensive here, plus i love to work on my car. What type of grease would i need? Could i get it from Auto Zone? O would it be better to just get one from a junk yard? Include pictures and diagrams if possible? Thank you

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go to autozone and tell them u need to grease balljoints and they will get you hooked up

elpescado16

Thanks bro =) I know this might be off topic but my muffler has a 2 little rust holes in the back of the muffler. Should i paste it up with some exhaust puddy that they sell at AutoZone or just get a new muffler in general?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get a new muffler

RonJ

Banned
You also might want to check the shocks/struts and whether the wheel splash guard is bent and rubbing on the brake rotor.

If the ball joints are really squeaking, I'd recommend that you just replace them.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
You also might want to check the shocks/struts and whether the wheel splash guard is bent and rubbing on the brake rotor.

If the ball joints are really squeaking, I'd recommend that you just replace them.
Listen to this guy ^

Jermee

Registered VIP
I just replaced my ball joints. Bought some with grease fittings so I can just use a grease gun to lube them on up ^_^

Sent from your moms house.

Es1986

Did the noise go away because the control arm bushings will also cause that same kindof noise just fyi