How do I remove dome light?

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How do I remove dome light?

Also anyone know bulb number? Im goign to replace it with a blue led. =)

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OMG. Bro, you need to f**king use the search button. Im trying to help you out (in the other thread) and support what your trying to do, but god damn, this isnt the place to make a thread about EVERY single question you have. You have to do some stuff yourself. Your going to piss everyone off, as you have me and no one is going to help you.

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have searched and I got 1 thread about replacing door panels... -.-

Also googled and got ainfo for bulb but nothing abot taking it apart.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, I meant search about the bulb, for instance at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com.

Second, as far as taking it off, whynot go in your car and TRY?

Im sure if you did, youd realize how easy it is (you dont even need tools). Its just frusterating when you ask all these questions that are common f**king knowledge, all you have to do is put in a lil effort (searching / and or trying to do it)

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry, I did try and I didnt want to rip it outa the roof or anything...

So I just pull it off?

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay, nvm I was trying to pull off the whole plastic instead of the clear cover.

1.25' bulb.

Thanks.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i can say for a lot of people that this is getting annoying, u dont have to make a thread for EVERYTHING, just take some time and think it out. it'll save u and a lot of others a headache.

ps. u and another dude are on my radar, not that it matters

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tnk said:
i can say for a lot of people that this is getting annoying, u dont have to make a thread for EVERYTHING, just take some time and think it out. it'll save u and a lot of others a headache.

ps. u and another dude are on my radar, not that it matters

Radar.. wtf?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lil_falco said:
Radar.. wtf?
that means you will be killed very soon.

i support the killing of people who post every question they have, and most of them are so amateur that it suprises me you can put gas in your car.

happy new year from stealthy.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In the rare event this is ever searched for again...

Step one, sit inside car.

Step two, look up at dome light.

Step three, extend arm and reach towards dome light.

Step four, place hand on the clear dome light cover.

Step five, make sure some fingers are on the front edge of the clear dome light cover and some fingers are on the rear edge of the clear dome light cover.

Step six, pinch front and rear edges of dome light cover towards each other.

Step seven, gently pull clear dome light cover away from grey dome light fixture which should stay on the headliner.

Remember if you need to replace your dome light bulb to check what kind of bulb it is. If you are going to buy a replacement in the store bring the old bulb in for comparision. There are two different types of dome light assemblies and thus two different types of dome light bulbs that 6th gen Civics have.

tjlucas

Banned
i thought he meant take off the entire unit, not just the bulb. bro ur struggling pretty hard eh, i pull that cover off every 5minutes when i need more light to search for somethin

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I did a lil searching around to make sure that that wasnt a thread titled "how do I put gas in my car".......anyway bro, make sure you search extensively, go through the owners manual, go out to your car and try to do it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The first post said he wanted to replace the stock bulb with a blue LED (which btw, will make the car darker - Eran had an amber light in there and we couldn't see s**t in his car, even though your eyes are more sensitive to amber light than to blue light, thus you can see better in amber light than blue light). But the first post saying that plus this quoted post makes me think he just wanted to remove enough to replace the bulb, i.e., the clear dome light cover.
Lil_falco said:
Okay, nvm I was trying to pull off the whole plastic instead of the clear cover.

1.25' bulb.

Thanks.
Btw, "1.25' bullb" is not a bulb size. That's just the length... which isn't usually how they sell bulbs or LEDs.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lil_falco said:

1.25' bulb.

Thanks.

hahaha....yeah....not that hard to do.:lol: :lol: :lol:

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think itll b plenty bright... :lol:

Im getting a square with like 9 LED's on it...

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think you might want to get the 4led one...i think the 9led might be the wrong size...i had a 4led on my 96 and 97. unless whoever youre buying from makes ubber small led's

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
In the rare event this is ever searched for again...

Step one, sit inside car.

Step two, look up at dome light.

Step three, extend arm and reach towards dome light.

Step four, place hand on the clear dome light cover.

Step five, make sure some fingers are on the front edge of the clear dome light cover and some fingers are on the rear edge of the clear dome light cover.

Step six, pinch front and rear edges of dome light cover towards each other.

Step seven, gently pull clear dome light cover away from grey dome light fixture which should stay on the headliner.

Remember if you need to replace your dome light bulb to check what kind of bulb it is. If you are going to buy a replacement in the store bring the old bulb in for comparision. There are two different types of dome light assemblies and thus two different types of dome light bulbs that 6th gen Civics have.
:lol: Amy's so thorough.lol.

To the OP, blue LED dome lights aren't incredibly efficient. I have a 2 LED dome bulb and it doesn't light the cabin well, but IMO it looks cool.;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I used to have a blueish LED in my dome light. I liked it because it made the inside of my car darker... which was good for me. I could still see, but I have light sensitive eyes. Might not work as well for others. And I think it was a 4 LED bulb. Pretty tight too (had to bend the metal in the socket to make it fit).