How do you remove your backseat??

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im trying to take the backseat out to clean the carpet and im wondering how to do it.
Any help??

Oh and how do you remove the whole carpet?

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
kinda hard to tell thru here...the carper ends right where the seat starts so idk if you wana remove the backseat for that...the backseat is just pull up from both sides (right and left) what i cant remember is if you have to remove the top parts first...anywho the carpet...gona be alot easier if you remover your front seats...if your cars a Dx and has a center console that as well and youll see that when your doors are open theres like a little handle on the bottom(footstep i guess you can call it) your car might or might not have the lil caps theyre small about 1 cm round...pop them with a flatheat and youll need a torx(pretty big one) to remove that bottom handle after that the whole long thing thats under the handle...other than that theres nothing pinning it down just becareful to not pull hard and rip there carpets are 20 years old and you can get it out without having to remover your side panels and radio/ac console...also it has little caps just carefully gread them right from the middle and pull them out and once with pliers...

dammn longass book for the carpet removal its easy im sure youll find your way when youre at it thats what ive done for most things ive had no clue about

post some pics of the before and after...

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kinda hard to tell thru here...the carper ends right where the seat starts so idk if you wana remove the backseat for that...the backseat is just pull up from both sides (right and left) what i cant remember is if you have to remove the top parts first...anywho the carpet...gona be alot easier if you remover your front seats...if your cars a Dx and has a center console that as well and youll see that when your doors are open theres like a little handle on the bottom(footstep i guess you can call it) your car might or might not have the lil caps theyre small about 1 cm round...pop them with a flatheat and youll need a torx(pretty big one) to remove that bottom handle after that the whole long thing thats under the handle...other than that theres nothing pinning it down just becareful to not pull hard and rip there carpets are 20 years old and you can get it out without having to remover your side panels and radio/ac console...also it has little caps just carefully gread them right from the middle and pull them out and once with pliers...

dammn longass book for the carpet removal its easy im sure youll find your way when youre at it thats what ive done for most things ive had no clue about

post some pics of the before and after...
wow huge post :lol:

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i pull up from the corners and it wont come up, could someone post a video maybe?

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
i pull up from the corners and it wont come up, could someone post a video maybe?
actually i had torn apart the interior in my std hatch and decided to put it back together a little while ago...first you needa pop the side where the seatbelt buckles goonly one hard pull towars the windshield 6 inches from the middle of the seat(being accurate) and then lift it up and carefully pull the other side...its not from the corners its like 6 inches in from the corners stick your finger in deep and give it one hard manly pull...if it doesnt work either youre weak or its still hooked and you should stop pulling before you break the lil hook...

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Push your front seats allllll the way forward, then sit in the middle of the back area, then push towards the hatch on the seat cushion and up. there are two hooks that hold the bottom of the seat down. Once you get that up the rest is pretty much self explanitory