1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How long do brake pads last?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension (All Gens)' started by projektej8, Feb 19, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. projektej8

projektej8 ------------------------- Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

my car is daily driven and it wasnt too long ago i replaced the pads but it sounds like theyre at the indicators. about how long should a set of pads last?

2. somejaykid

somejaykid i'm a mod now Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

depends on your driving style man

3. projektej8

driving style is mildly aggressive lol

4. sr6000

sr6000 still a D 5+ Year Member

Take your wheels off and see if they are wore down. Easiest way to know for sure.

5. projektej8

yeah i know. im pretty sure theyre worn down but i dont thik they should be shot yet.

6. knightxrider1

knightxrider1 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

when they squeak.... replace them.. easy as that. not that hard... ive had these same ones... for two years?

7. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Not that fast. What kind of pads did you get? Semi-metallic will squeal a little bit. Or it could be your rotors.

8. Eran

Eran It's on ass-backwards. Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Or you could have not put brake lube on them and the piston is chattering or squeeling against the shim.

9. robert570

robert570 New Member 5+ Year Member

I have almost 40,000 miles on my 2005 Honda Civic. The original brake pads are still on. I just started thinking about it yesterday. No noises period. When the time comes, I will let everyone know.

10. Shiznit

Shiznit Stickin it to the Man Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

take a peak next time one of your wheels is off