How many horns in 2015 EX?

sbi

Does anyone know how many horns (yes, the meep-meep ones) does the 2015 EX come with? I saw one at the top of the radiator but not sure if there is another one at the bottom of the bumper.
Is there any way to tell other than removing the top radiator cover again and disconnect the visible horn and test (something that I should have done before)?

Thanks.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know how many horns (yes, the meep-meep ones) does the 2015 EX come with? I saw one at the top of the radiator but not sure if there is another one at the bottom of the bumper.
Is there any way to tell other than removing the top radiator cover again and disconnect the visible horn and test (something that I should have done before)?

Thanks.
Guessing two on the Ex, one on top, one on the bottom.
This one in the video shows one on the bottom of the bumper support, maybe that's a lower level model with only one horn?

sbi

Guessing two on the Ex, one on top, one on the bottom.
This one in the video shows one on the bottom of the bumper support, maybe that's a lower level model with only one horn?
Yeah, not sure which trim it is but it is certainly not 2015, it is an older model (8th Gen).

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I tried googling this and I found was your thread on civicforums haha

However, most cars these days have 2 horns, high and low... trying to confirm for sure but I'm not having much luck.

If it does have two, and if you're just replacing one, make sure to replace high with high, low with low, etc. The previous owner of my G35 replaced a low with a high, so I had two high pitched horns, and it sounded real, real bad. :lol:

sbi

I tried googling this and I found was your thread on civicforums haha

However, most cars these days have 2 horns, high and low... trying to confirm for sure but I'm not having much luck.

If it does have two, and if you're just replacing one, make sure to replace high with high, low with low, etc. The previous owner of my G35 replaced a low with a high, so I had two high pitched horns, and it sounded real, real bad. :lol:
Yes, I posted in several Civic forums :D. Not much info in forums as there is for Accord, it was much easier to get info before I upgraded my 13 Accord horns.

Right, I'll definitely use the high/low combo, it's just I am not sure how many I currently have and if it is just one, it's going to be a major PITA to extend the wire for the 2nd one. I'll guess I'll have to remove the cover again, disconnect the one we can see without removing the bumper and check if we hear a 'meep' :???:
Unless someone with a definitive answer can chime in.

Thanks.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Try jacking the car up and see if you can see one from underneath

sbi

Try jacking the car up and see if you can see one from underneath
You can't, there is a cover underneath the bumper, part of it. And it is easier to just remove the top cover and disconnect the top one :D

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ah, those damn tricky new cars. :lol:

PS where in NE are you? I'm from Western Mass.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ahh, the wrong side of MA :lol:

Let us know if you find any more info out on the horn... maybe try calling the dealership and ask a service tech?

sbi

Ahh, the wrong side of MA :lol:

Let us know if you find any more info out on the horn... maybe try calling the dealership and ask a service tech?
Sorry pal, the entire MA is wrong :flush:. Hate this state with a passion. Can't wait to move the hell out ;)