1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How much for clean head?

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by dracing, Feb 13, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. dracing

dracing Banned Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

How much for a clean head?

I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost to have my b18 head degreased and cleaned like new? I already have a 3 angle valve job and port and polish done and all I need is a deep clean on my head to make it look like new. I've tried to research to see how much it would cost but all the cleaning services are included with other jobs (port and polish, valve job, etc.). I might get it reserfaced while I'm at it. Does anyone know how much it cost or know how to get a head hella clean with no carbon builup anywhere inside of it?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  2. Ravage70

Ravage70 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

clean your own head
    take everything off except the springs/retainers and use some carb cleaner to clean each piece

3. dracing

I don't mean cleanin the parts, I mean cleanin the head itself. Basically to get all carb buildup out of the exhaust prots and cumbustion chamber. Basically like they hot-tank blocks to clean them, I basically want to do that to my head.

4. Ravage70

Ravage70 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

dont even bother cleaning the exhaust ports cuz theyll get dirty again after the first run
    they only clean them when u port and polish
    if they didnt do it while they ported that means they didnt touch it

5. dracing

It's been awhile since the head was p&p'd. I'm rebuilding my whole engine and just want to get the head resurfaced and cleane. Anyone know how much for this?

6. ClemsonCiv

ClemsonCiv Hot Chicks Rock! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

why dont you just call some local machine shops in your area....just because someone on here got theirs done for X dollars doesnt mean a place around you will be the same.

7. dracing

Yea true but it would give me an idea though. The local shop that I got the p&p done and got all my parts at are temporarly closed because they're remodeling. There is one more place around here but I would only let them clean the head and not resurface it cuz they're not to well know with imports.

8. coops92hatch

coops92hatch u kept up....until 5k rpm 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

take off your head, spray it with water, then put some cleaner on it and power wash it. for cleaner you could prolly use....i cant think of the name off the top of my head, umm....i dunno. but jus put the cleaner on then power wash it off, it will clean it up quick.

and you should deff. do it urself cus if u get a show to do it, ur most likely gonna pay a lil bit.

also there is a post on here bout how to paint ur head, jus use the cleaning tips from there

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2005
  9. Sleeper

Sleeper 92 4doorSleeper Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Just take it to the Machine shop & ask them to put your head in the hot tank, after that it be 100% clean. No one knows the price of you local machine shop. They change what they want

10. EG_CaSe

EG_CaSe ScAre CrOw Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i paid $150 for shaving/ resurface, cleanin the head and P&P.. thats only becuz i know the guy so well hes been a friend of the family since be4 i was born.. so yeah most people charge that for just shaving the head, u gotta figgure anywhere from 75-100 or even more. it depends if they wanna kill you on the price and how the guys feelin..