How much is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul5Gall

Hey. New guy here.

I'm finding it pretty hard to get values of the older Civics. I'm really interested in getting one and had a nearly perfect 1990 DX Hatchback slip through my fingers the other day, so I'm trying to get info on this one as soon as I can. It's a little rusty, but is it worth it if I'm willing to put some time and effort into it? I texted the guy and he said everything he replaced was stock stuff and that he hasn't upgraded the car at all which is what I want. Is it in the ballpark of correct price?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5080136219.html

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Link is invalid.

'90 hatch? $1000 max is what I would spend on one.

Paul5Gall

Yeah, it sold about an hour after I posted this. It was at $1,200 and I was figuring I could come down to about $1,000 with it. Found a '91 that's in decent shape with a little over 100,000 miles on it. He's asking $1,000. It's got a couple problems, so hopefully I can get that down a little. Unfortunately I need to find a car in the next week or I'd probably hold out for something better.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like a bad situation. Desperation is the downfall of a good deal more times than not.

Paul5Gall

Oh I know. It's not necessarily a bad situation, just a strange one, especially since I won't even be able to drive it for the first month I have it. I'm still being selective but not as selective as I would like to be.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Patience is a virtue, the right hatch will come along. Whether it is worth it is up to you, everyone has they're own opinion. The 4th Gen Civics are a great platform to build from. They're a blast and have a considerable nostalgic look to them .

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Paul5Gall

Patience is a virtue that I don't have, sadly. Really though, I needed a car by the end of next week and I really like the 4th Gen Civics. I don't plan on doing much to it other than fixing the few problems and small rust spots. But I'm the proud owner of a red '91 DX Hatchback. At least I hope I'm a proud owner considering I don't get to see it in real life for another week. But I trust my dad's judgement.

Paul5Gall

I don't want to start a new thread, so hopefully someone can answer my questions here. I searched on here for the answers and couldn't find them. I need a new rear garnish and passenger side tail light. Do the sedan rear garnishes fit on a hatchback? They look pretty much the same. From what I understand though, the taillights have to be from another hatch? What about from a wagon?

91 LX

Been a fan of these for a while now. Just wish mine had been a stick & a hatch (LOL) but its an all original w/90K on it & clean so I am good w/it. I agree that you want to check your potential purchase out carefully so as not to get stuck & still be walking. Good luck w/your search 7 let us know how it turns out!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Again, dead thread. Please look at the dates before replying.

He said he needed a car by the end of the week and this was in June. Op if you come back and want to add to this pm me and I will open it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.