How To: 2008 FG2 Seats in EM1/(EK)

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
dont know if this is the right place to put it, but a couple people wanted to know how i put 2008 civic si seats into my 1999 si, so im posting up a couple pics.

note:some pics are cellcam pics, so sorry. oh well. lol

figure a:note the difference between the two.

the fg2 seats wouldn't line up with the holes in the car, and swapping rails wasn't an option, so I had to cut/hammer off the brackets off the em1 rails. After getting all the brackets off the EM1 seats, I screwed them back down into the floor.

this is someone else's picture from honda-tech, so i hope they don't mind me using it.

I took two 2 inch steel bars and laid them across the brackets that were screwed into the floor, and vice gripped each one in place. After doing so, The brackets were unscrewed from the floor, then welded directly to the steel bars.

After this step, I cut off the old brackets off of the FG2 seats, then measured, re-measured, measured again then marked on the FG2 seats where I wanted to weld the seats. (it is important to measure and mark it, so you don't end up with crooked brackets that won't line up)

It is pretty self explanatory after that. The new brackets with the bar is welded directly to the FG2 seats, and ta-da...you've got some 2008 si seats in your car=)

other miscellaneous pics:

they sit at about stock height, and although in the pics, they might look like the head rests are closer to the ceiling, im a 6'1, and fit fine.​

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks sick...

but i do think you need to have some of the other interior fabric match

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good.. so what are you going to do with your stock seats??

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Great write up - moved to how-to

ziealan

5+ Year Member
looks good. Maybe you should keep th miss match seats. Start a new fassion trend. lol

victor.m

5+ Year Member
Man that looks clean. I wish I could weld, if I see some of these I'm totally picking 'em up now that I have this great how-to! Thanks again.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you have any issues of fitment side to side with say the doors and/or the center console? I assume they slide all the way forward as well so you can still let people in the back right?

morgan_mcfalls

5+ Year Member
I was wondering...
do FG2 seats come in leather?
i have an EM1 si and i really wanna do a leather interior. i love the look of FG2 seats. but i want leather.
any help?

lightpost08

5+ Year Member
Do you have any issues of fitment side to side with say the doors and/or the center console? I assume they slide all the way forward as well so you can still let people in the back right?
nah, i didnt. and yea they slide backnforth