1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

How To: 6th Generation Black Housing Headlights

Discussion in 'Exterior / Detailing / Bodywork DIY How-To's' started by Sean Gibson, Jan 24, 2006.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Riverwalk

Riverwalk New Member 5+ Year Member

Damn A+++ D I Y, I wanted to do that for my driver side headlights, cause my passenger one is black , so now it looks like panda eyes, anyhow my driver side headlights are scratched up because my friend told me if i wet sand it with a 1000 - 1200 grit I can polish it or some crap and now it looks so smudge.

2. Xx96CoupexX

Xx96CoupexX New Member 5+ Year Member

Im falh way thorugh doing mine and it was terrible getting the light apart.. took 20 mins atleast

3. Jersey8

Jersey8 B20: Detroit Muscle! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

put in oven, use utility knife to cut glue, and a flathead to pry it open. its not that hard

4. jb0ne

jb0ne Banned

[​IMG]

This picture confuses the hell out of me. What is with the core support sticking out below the headlights like that?

in this picture that is not there.

[​IMG]

what the f**k is going on cause my car dosent have those two beams sticking out past the core

Is this just like an extension of the core?

5. CivicSiGuy07

CivicSiGuy07 New Member 5+ Year Member

Nice im doing the same to my 8th gen this weekend, ill post some pics when i get it finished!
    Great post BTW!

6. Wilshire001

Wilshire001 Hey it's me Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Did this with my 97 coupe, came out very good:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 210$ketch

210$ketch 210$ketCh 5+ Year Member

this lookz siC!!! 5*

8. red98civ

red98civ New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

did this about a month ago, but here's some pictures

[​IMG]

with HIDs on..
    [​IMG]

9. red98civ

red98civ New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

also.. tried this on my friend's '96 jetta which has glass for the covers on the headlights, he cracked the one right in half! but we fixed it w/ a little silicone

10. qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop Rockin' Out the Sedans!

Mine too doesnt. My ej8. ph16 Philippine Civic. LOL

11. crash!

crash! Avi, pull your socks up. Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

The pictures aren't showing up anymore... I need this because one of my old blackbacks got busted so I want to do this to my new stockies I just got.

12. savage Dreams

savage Dreams Savage Creations 5+ Year Member

I know this is a old post but im curious if anyone painted their lights to match their cars and not just black. I mean like red/silver/white/blue etc???? id love to see some pics. my hatch is silver and im thinking of painting it the same shade of silver but would love a example of color matching. great work keep it up