How To: 6th Generation Black Housing Headlights

Riverwalk

5+ Year Member
Damn A+++ D I Y, I wanted to do that for my driver side headlights, cause my passenger one is black , so now it looks like panda eyes, anyhow my driver side headlights are scratched up because my friend told me if i wet sand it with a 1000 - 1200 grit I can polish it or some crap and now it looks so smudge.

Xx96CoupexX

5+ Year Member
Im falh way thorugh doing mine and it was terrible getting the light apart.. took 20 mins atleast

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im falh way thorugh doing mine and it was terrible getting the light apart.. took 20 mins atleast
put in oven, use utility knife to cut glue, and a flathead to pry it open. its not that hard

jb0ne

Banned

This picture confuses the hell out of me. What is with the core support sticking out below the headlights like that?

in this picture that is not there.

what the f**k is going on cause my car dosent have those two beams sticking out past the core

Is this just like an extension of the core?

CivicSiGuy07

5+ Year Member
Nice im doing the same to my 8th gen this weekend, ill post some pics when i get it finished!
Great post BTW!

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also.. tried this on my friend's '96 jetta which has glass for the covers on the headlights, he cracked the one right in half! but we fixed it w/ a little silicone

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The pictures aren't showing up anymore... I need this because one of my old blackbacks got busted so I want to do this to my new stockies I just got.

savage Dreams

Savage Creations
5+ Year Member
I know this is a old post but im curious if anyone painted their lights to match their cars and not just black. I mean like red/silver/white/blue etc???? id love to see some pics. my hatch is silver and im thinking of painting it the same shade of silver but would love a example of color matching. great work keep it up