how to align hood?

victor.m

5+ Year Member
So I'm wondering if it's possible to align my hood by myself. Searching didin't really give me any straight answers, but my hood is higher on the left side but sits perfectly snug on the right side (based off of looking forward from the driver seat). It's so bad that a friend even asked if I had my hood popped when he looked at the left side. What would I have to thighten/adjust to get the hood back into place on the left side?

Thanks guys

hussain

5+ Year Member
try tightening the bolts on the hood..maybe you need a new hinge im not too sure..wait for someone else who has had this problem and should hopefully be able to help you

victor.m

5+ Year Member
Alright. Thanks =) how would washers help me?

PSiGUN

5+ Year Member
between the holes where you mount your hood, theres a hole thats supposed to align with the hole from the hood, not sure how to explain it to you this way but, if the both align toghether then your hood should be aligned. If someone (friend/parent) can help you, the better.

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
between the holes where you mount your hood, theres a hole thats supposed to align with the hole from the hood, not sure how to explain it to you this way but, if the both align toghether then your hood should be aligned. If someone (friend/parent) can help you, the better.
????

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you jack your car up by your radiator support its most likely your support thats bent.

My car did this.

a 2x4, and a sledge hammer just behind the hood latch on the support, 5-10 good wacks, straightened back out and now it sits all nice and perfect again.

jdm jim

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man what was that, if u have a steel hood u can grab both sides and try to twist it a little

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
put the washers up under the front fender bolts. it will raise the fenders a little and align your hood up. i did this and it worked. kinda "rigged" up but it worked

genobee

5+ Year Member
if you jack your car up by your radiator support its most likely your support thats bent.

My car did this.

a 2x4, and a sledge hammer just behind the hood latch on the support, 5-10 good wacks, straightened back out and now it sits all nice and perfect again.
i gotta straighten mines just like yours, car got hit and it just doesnt look right....but gonna wait until the spring (too cold!!)

finfan400

5+ Year Member
you should check the panel alignment specs... look them up online. If you were hit in your front end... you more than likely have what we call in the autobody world "inderect damage" thats where not only is the place that was hit damaged and out of line... but other panels on the vehicle are out of spec. .