How To: Build Your Own H22-swap Axles.

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I know this isn't useful for anyone else but I figured I'd go ahead and post up this little peice of ingenuity. I've been running my welded yoke (inner snap ring kept breaking) Gator racing axle for just over a year now without an axle boot. Finally the needle bearings and snap rings ate themselves up due to a lack of lubrication, wonder why that could be? :lol: Anyway, I ordered a set from DOHCeric on eBay. Of course I got the wrong axles. I recieved a set for a Prelude with ABS, when I had ordered swap specific. Basically all I needed was a stock driver's side B-series axle. A buddy of mine just so happened to have a extra so the task was at hand. All that's left to do is swap the end of axle which connects to the intermediate shaft.

The bastard Prelude axle..

A break down of the componets I took from the H22 axle to swap onto the B16 axle..

The B16 axle stripped of it's CV joint boots..

The problem...

The H22 bearing yoke is slightly taller by perhaps 1mm, so the groove for the outer most snap ring is non-existent.

The solution...

Make your own groove. I did this with a Dremel tool, took about 2 minutes.

Install the yoke and snap ring..

Install the H22 axle end, don't forget the grease! :lol:

Presto! You have your very own (CUSTOM yo) built H22 swap axle for 92-95 Civic/Civic Del Sol and 94-97 Integra.

(Don't mind the hose clamps, they're just a temp fix until I take it to work tomorrow and re-band the CV boots.)

Celebrate your accomplishment with a cold one. 8)

The same goes for the passenger side. It's a fast write-up without many pictures but it's informative enough I think. I also know if you switch to the Accord intermediate shaft that 90-93 Integra axles straight off the shelf will fit with no modifications.

Outtie5K.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pretty interesting stuff you did.