How to bypass VTEC Pressure switch? (error code 22)

nightmarebd

5+ Year Member
my JDM d15b engine does not have the VTEC pressure switch, but my CEL shows i hv got an error code 22.
can u guys tell me how to bypass the code. i think my VTEC Kicks at above 5000 RPM, cause the engine sound change at that RPM.
please help me.

Tam4511

Boost Fiend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its suposed to kik in around 5k rpms

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5200 RPM, that's when your VTEC is engaging.

To bypass VTEC Oil Pressure Switch, follow these steps ...

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
now tell me where is my ECU?
Are you serious? Maybe you should reconsider attempting this on your own. Get a mechanic to do the work and pay them. You can really mess your car if you do not know what you're doing.

However, to answer your question, as Eric1998Coupe said, its behind the Passenger Side Kick Panel.

nightmarebd

5+ Year Member
guys, i hv got no vtec oil pressure switch installed on my JDM CIVIC FERIO D15B engine. but my CEL shows the error for it. i hv noticed that 2 green wire(without a jack) is unused beside the VTEC selonoid, what can i do with the error?
and can anybody tell me how much is a VTEC pressure switch cost?is there any other switch that work as vtec oil pressure switch?
please help me.

P.S. i have solved the map sensor error my self, i went to old parts market and found a MAP sensor at the cost of 8.57 USD.but there is no way to find a vtec oil pressure switch, cuz they dont know what is that. and even they dont hear the name.

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you blind? READ Post #3, I posted the steps on how to Bypass the VTEC Oil Pressure Switch that your JDM D15B does not have. Follow those steps and your problem will be solved.

You cannot install a Oil Pressure Switch onto your current VTEC Solenoid without tapping it, since it doesnt have one. Just follow the steps I told you and bypass it. If you are set on buying a VTEC Oil Pressure Switch go to Auto Zone and buy one for close to $70.00 USD or go to Honda and get it. However, like I said, you will need to Tap into your VTEC Solenoid. Good luck!

91stdhatch

wish i was boosted
5+ Year Member
sorry to interfere with this post but if you dont know where the ecu is located on your civic then you probly dont have the knowledge to tamper with the wiring on it. maybe a cheaper safer easier fix for your non vtec engine would be to buy a non vtec ecu and just plug it in without cuting/ soldering any wires that could ultimately damage the more expensive ecu that you probly shouldnt be running anyway. your car would most likely run better and be faster with the correct ecu. just my .02

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to interfere with this post but if you dont know where the ecu is located on your civic then you probly dont have the knowledge to tamper with the wiring on it. maybe a cheaper safer easier fix for your non vtec engine would be to buy a non vtec ecu and just plug it in without cuting/ soldering any wires that could ultimately damage the more expensive ecu that you probly shouldnt be running anyway. your car would most likely run better and be faster with the correct ecu. just my .02
His Motor is in fact VTEC, its just that JDM VTEC Engines do not have an Oil Pressure Switch on the VTEC Solenoid like the USDM ones, none do.

However, I do agree that if he does not know where the ECU is then he should not be attempting to fix this himself. He should let somebody else do it with experience.

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a hole beside the Solenoid, where the pressure switch can be attach.
Do whatever you want man, you asked how to bypass it and we told you how. We then told you where you can get the Oil Pressure Switch in case you want to do that instead and you still refuse to get one.

All the info you need is in this thread. Take it or leave it, there's not much else we can do, just get up from your computer chair and either buy some 18 Gauge Wire and jump the two wires mentioned or get an Oil Pressure Switch and install it into the VTEC Solenoid. Those are your only 2 options.

/thread