How To: city lights into usdm 6th gen headlights

haascnc

5+ Year Member
i just purchased blacked out headlights off ebay, will have to check for the city light spot on the back. . . hopefully it'll be there so i can get on this.... thanks for the write up...pics soon to come

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Silly wiring question, but the way you wiredthem, they only turn on with the running lights/turn signals right? And then they turn off once you turn on your headlights?Or no?

cerasoli1188

Love/Hate Relationship
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Silly wiring question, but the way you wiredthem, they only turn on with the running lights/turn signals right? And then they turn off once you turn on your headlights?Or no?
I'd imagine they'd stay on... nice DIY by the way

Hellhatch

4 TD's 1 GAME Polk High
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very nice writeup I've been wanting to do this install. Where are you guys getting your city lights sockets from? Found a few places but the prices range from cheap to expensive. Would rather have someones opinion that has used a certain set and has had good luck with them.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i found mine. i was told that some "jdm" websites or even honda dealerships sell them.

if i wanted, i could make them turn off when my headlights come on, but idc that much.

thnx 4 the compliments every1

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And you would do that by wiring them to.....what?
I just want them to work like that so they won't burn out as fast. Just polished my OEM housings so I'll be doing this within the week finally.Along with the sidemarkers...EEK!

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And you would do that by wiring them to.....what?
I just want them to work like that so they won't burn out as fast. Just polished my OEM housings so I'll be doing this within the week finally.Along with the sidemarkers...EEK!
lol sry 4 leavin out that info.

if u want them to turn off when u turn on ur main lights then wire the positive end to the red wire on the cornerlights and wire the negative to the power wire on ur headlights.
why you ask?
when ur headlights are off their isnt any power flowing thru the wires makin all headlight wires grounds. when u turn on ur lights, the power flows and turns to a positive change. the double positive effect will shut off the citylights because their will no longer be a ground present

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dang it. I already had em wired red and black...So I need to wire it red and green?

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The reflective part cracked and a chunk of the whole thing fell off...I need new headlight housing...

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
right from the start, the small drill bit I used and I went pretty slow. The plastic material of the reflective part is very brittle...maybe I shoulda tried warming it up? Can I buy just that reflective part from somewhere? Other than a junkyard?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ show off. really really nice tho. i thought you said that your projectors got in the way? and that it didnt glow the whole housing up??

<<< in the daytime. looks fuller at night.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got another shot:

It was real simple. Just used a dremel and took my time with it. wasn't hard at all.

I got rid of my retrofit, now rocking a BiXenon 6000K HID's.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i used a cone grinding tip for my dremel. I started out using a drill bit. Once the hole was made I used the cone tip to make it bigger and more uniform.

They look like this:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah. Like i said, just take your time with things and go slow. :thumbup: