How To: city lights into usdm 6th gen headlights

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anybody use a relay? how long are these bulbs lasting?
nope no relay needed. 194 bulbs dont use up much power so their isnt a need to go overboard on the install. i still have the same bulbs in since the 1st day that i posted this write-up

nsane_racer

5+ Year Member
Blue

Did this dosnt look that good to me, not bright...thinking about getting some LEDS for the socket an using them.

mrmarc

5+ Year Member
Did this dosnt look that good to me, not bright...thinking about getting some LEDS for the socket an using them
That does look horrible. What bulbs are you using? You do realize that blue lights are illegal, right?

nsane_racer

5+ Year Member
Yeah I know they are....I don't really care phuk the police an their stupid laws lol...I have 194 bulbs in it...I bought them a while back from auto zone, I had them in my 87 Olds as interior lights..same socket so should be fine....just not bright at all..

silk007

ducky ducky
5+ Year Member
kinda old but i wanna do this, im kinda trippy on shaping the hole on the reflector piece, i dont want it to be all "non circle ish"

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is there a way that I could wire them so I could turn them on individually instead of with the turn signals?

qwertyuiop

Rockin' Out the Sedans!
I Want my corner lights on and my City lamps on. I live in the philippines and its very common here that Civics have City Lights. Very rare of a corner lamp. How could I Do that? I Have a JDM Ej6 Sedan. Please help meeee

dyce590

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not sure how cars a wired in your area. but in the US we have 3 wire corner light sockets.red- power blk ground green- flash. if yours is wired like this or if you can buy a socket like this, tap the power from your citylights into your corner lights

dyce590

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BUMP from the dead. Can this DIY be made official ?!

philej8

There's a better way than gluing the socket. You can find and buy city light sockets for cheap. Then cut the hole on back of the headlight. Before cutting, look closely and you'll see the design of the socket. After cutting it, trim until the socket fits and you can turn the socket and lock it. Don't glue it. I've done this before.
I'm gonna buy another set of headlights and do this! I'll post it up when I have the time.