How To: Clean interior headliner.

chino28

5+ Year Member
Don't know if anyone is interested, but here is a simple way to clean your car's cloth headliner. I'm bored so i so a quick write up. I picked up this method from cleaning my headliner on my last car from another forum. I just recently bought my car and there was a stain on the headliner, so i thought i share this tip with everyone. Before and after pic below

What you need:
Woolite
warm water
bucket
2 microfiber towel

poured about a nickel size amount of Woolite into 1 gal. bucket, and filled it halfway with warm water. Then take one towel, soak it in the solution, wring it out most of the way, and then start working on the headliner. Gently wipe the staining until it's gone, and follow up with a dry MF towel, blotting to soak up the excess solution.

***Too much water can soak through the headliner fabric and break down the adhesive behind it. That results in a drooping headliner. Therefore, you obviously DON'T want to use too much water.

Before

Ugly ass stain on sunroof slide cover

After, nice and clean

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice write up, ill clean my headliner why not, where do u buy that woolite stuff?

chino28

5+ Year Member
nice write up, ill clean my headliner why not, where do u buy that woolite stuff?
At any store ( walmart, target, etc). It is the kind of Woolite that you use to wash your clothes.

This stuff

just find a little test area, before you do the entire thing. I've used this method on a few cars and they work pretty good.