How To: DIY Red Lit Gauge Needle's (6th Gen)

Ub3RdoRK

ZoMGRoFLCoPTER
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks a lot for re hosting the pictures! i cant wait to start this

cavekas

5+ Year Member
Nice job on painting the light filters =) I want my needles to be red too, but since the European version comes already in whiteish amber needles, maybe I will just have to change the bulb to red that lights up the needles =) :roll: :D

But very good thread!

Handonam

5+ Year Member
woops nevermind it's fine. had to refresh a few times heheh

CiViC_ImP_TuNeR

5+ Year Member
thts a good write up tho man. considering u already painted them..lol.. but its all good. i had a quick question. where did u find the bulbs to replace the white lighting to amber? i havent been able to find them..

jonnyb347

5+ Year Member
Here is mine I did it slightly different though. Instead of cutting out that blue plastic and replacing it with tape and paint. I simply cut it out and left it blank then painted the lightbulbs with an orange sharpie.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy light scatter, batman. Thats why I made my own filter. It keeps the light from scattering EVERYWHERE.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good god, that's too bright. I just prefer to have the gauges lit up, I took out the bulbs on the top.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My god you could light up half a city with all those lights...

qwertyuiop

Rockin' Out the Sedans!
Here is mine I did it slightly different though. Instead of cutting out that blue plastic and replacing it with tape and paint. I simply cut it out and left it blank then painted the lightbulbs with an orange sharpie.

HOLY SHYT BRO. That'd look good with the filter on! :!::!::!:

Cant find 'em paint so I Used a tape, and my Sharpie. (Actually it's just a typical Dong-A Pentel Pen. :lol: )

Before:

After:

***P.S. I just did it an hour ago. Just a 10 minute job. You can do it! Go! Try it! Right NOW! LOLZ!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow...people are still doing this? Man this is old...lol

heff56

Has anyone had success ordering the LED's from this website? It seems kind of complicated or cluttered. I'm not sure if I'm about to order the right LED's :oops: THanks. I got a 2000 "EK" hatch
I installed mine in the gauge cluster and behind the A/C unit in my 97 Civic EX. The two bulbs behind the A/C unit look amazing at nighttime. The ones behind the gauge cluster are more bluer than bright white than I wanted but they still look much better than my old burnt out bulbs.

I highly recommend Superbrightleds.com I replaced my dome light, trunk light, license plate lights, front and rear turn signals, and brake lights. The brake lights, and turn signals did not blow my mind with brightness me but all together all my bulbs didn't break the bank.

I highly recommend the A/C bulbs, dome, trunk, and license plate bulbs.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
I installed mine in the gauge cluster and behind the A/C unit in my 97 Civic EX. The two bulbs behind the A/C unit look amazing at nighttime. The ones behind the gauge cluster are more bluer than bright white than I wanted but they still look much better than my old burnt out bulbs.

I highly recommend Superbrightleds.com I replaced my dome light, trunk light, license plate lights, front and rear turn signals, and brake lights. The brake lights, and turn signals did not blow my mind with brightness me but all together all my bulbs didn't break the bank.

I highly recommend the A/C bulbs, dome, trunk, and license plate bulbs.
Bro, in all seriousness, this eliminated 97% of my questions and concerns. Thanks!! :bowdown:

heff56

Bro, in all seriousness, this eliminated 97% of my questions and concerns. Thanks!! :bowdown:
Glad I can help man. I am by no means a "mechanic", but I am really good working with my hands. First time ever taking a dash apart and I was able to figure it out very easily. Message me if you have any problems. I will follow up with some pics I took tonight of my dash with the new bulbs. Pics aint great because the low light didn't work too well with my camera.