How To: Fast Blinkers 5th Generation Civic (DIY)

AV4187

I tried it on my 98coupe did work but there was one main problem it only work when my headlights where off so the car couldnt be driven at night... Any tips on i can make it work properly

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol freaking OLD a## thread!

scottt

1. Pop your hood open and using a phillips screw driver...unscrew both corner lenses of your 5th GEN. civic.

2. Take the lenses off completely, so that the bulb & wirings are clearly free and visible to work with.

3. Take your wire cutter and cut the black wire...which should be the middle wire out of the three wires. This black wire is what is called the GROUND WIRE. Make sure you don't cut too close to the connector...you will want to give it atleast 1 inch length. This is incase you want to re wire the wires for some reason you change your mind. Do this to BOTH sides of the corner signals.

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
i just did this and took like 2 minutes lol. it was the easiest mod ive ever done! i like it and it was a good write up. never heard of this mod btw

itinkso9

I Tried this in my 98 civic lx sedan. Worked for the back only. After snipping one side for test my front blinker that i cut wouldt work. Any ideas on why that happend? How about putting both on a switch so you could go from stock to hyper blinkers at the touch of a switch? :P but any ideas on how to get this working for me? Thanks

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could just do it the easy way without cutting any wires. just change your bulbs to leds.

Dnguyen92

LOl do you have a write up or have any idea how to change it from fast to normal speed? The thing blinks hella fast its kinda irritating.

~XhAuSt~

This is the way I did it NO WIRE CUTTING NECESSARY

1)Removed the front bumper

2) Removed Both Headlights with the 4 Bolts
3)Pulled Out The Bulb Socket and Disconnected the wiring from the socket

4) Once I did this you can use a De-Pinning tool or just a really thin flat blade screw driver and there is a little white piece that the wire connects to push the white plastic piece down away from the end of the wire and pull it out the back side.

Just like so...
As you can see the black wire was the middle wire now all I did with the wire that was hanging out was taped it with electrical tape and so if this does start to irritate me then I can just push that wire back into its position and will slow it down again.
Hope this helps anyone that views this page now.
Sorry pics and stuff came so late but I just got my Honda and so this was a new thing for me as well.
:thumbs up